When I posted these "cookie dough" sandwiches to my Instagram, this became my first post to hit 1000 likes (whoa)! The recipe was the first of many that I would try and modify from the book, Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind. Even though the recipe mentions adding chocolate chips, you can omit these, or substitute them for any other morsel (e.g., white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch).
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cups of raw cashews (no salt added)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup melted honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Brown the butter (place butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat until brown bits start to appear at the bottom of the pan - an instructional video is linked)
- Place cashews your food processor
- Rotate between mixing and scraping down the sides of the processor until the cashews form a flour/meal
- Add coconut oil to the processor. Continue to process until the cashew meal forms dough
- In a bowl or standmixer with the dough attachment, add cashew dough and next 5 ingredients. Since the mix is warm do not add chocolate chips.
- Wrap the warm dough in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Once chilled, fold in chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in a parchment-lined loaf pan and press it down evenly
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer to help it set (~15 minutes)
- Cut into bars. You can store this in the freezer. When I want to eat one of these, I let them thaw on the counter for ~15 minutes.
*Note. This website contains affiliate linked advertisements. If you click the links or make a purchase, I will earn a portion of your sale at no cost to you. All proceeds from affiliate links support this blog. Thank you.