If you buy top sirloin steak - you'll notice two things: it's cheaper than the other steaks and after cooking, it's tougher. When I made these steaks, I've been using this marinade to tenderize the meat and save money!
Marinade for 2 - 8oz steaks
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the garlic and juice the lime. Place both in a small bowl
- Add spices to the bowl with lime and garlic and stir them
- Place the steaks in a ziploc bag
- Pour the marinade into the bag
- Mix the meat and marinade. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
When ready to cook: remove the steak from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Sear in a hot pan with ghee or butter for 5 minutes per side.
*Note. This website contains affiliate linked advertisements. If you click the links or make a purchase, I will earn a portion of your sale at no cost to you. All proceeds from affiliate links support this blog. Thank you.