*Note. This website contains affiliate linked advertisements. If you click the links or make a purchase, I will earn a small fee at no cost to you. All proceeds from affiliate links support this blog. Thank you.
We went on vacation and stayed at an all-inclusive recently and went a little cray cray: 3-course meals and mixed drinks at least twice a day. Getting back to reality, we decided to do a little reset - where we followed Whole30 rules of a few days. What I love about this recipe is that it is Whole30 compliant, packed with flavor, has so few ingredients, and is quick! Overall, these garlic, ghee, lemon and pink salt shrimp were the perfect way to have a delicious meal without the guilt.
- 1lb shrimp (deveined, rinsed and patted dry)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Pink sea salt (I get this from Trader Joe's for ~$2)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp ghee
- Toss shrimp with red pepper flakes, old bay, black pepper and salt
- Heat a 12-in skillet to medium heat
- Add ghee, garlic and about half the parlsey to the pan - cook for approximately 1 minute
- Add shrimp to the pan - cooking about 2 minutes per side
- While the shrimp cooks, squeeze lemon quarters over the shrimp
- Add remaining parsely as a garnish
You could pair this with zoodles, cauliflower rice, or just eat them like I did - wrapped with a piece fo butter lettuce.