- 1 package cauliflower rice (I use Trader Joes and mine had ~3 cups)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced (optional)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, diced (any tomato will work, but this is what I had on hand)
- 2 tsp Sugarfree Carne Asada spice mix
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (chicken will also work, I just prefer vegetable broth in my rice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Heat a large skillet (10-12 in. so that there's room to mix the rice) to medium-high. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, and tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until all vegetables are tender
- Add cauliflower, spices, and tomato paste. Stir then cook for 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is slightly orange.
- Add broth and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes or until the rice is tender enough for you.
I paired this with sirloin steak that spent a few hours marinating in my Carne Asada Marinade.