If you've followed my page, one thing that you should notice is that I love pizza, but also dessert! As a keto-newbie, both of those food categories present a challenge since both are filled with sugar and flour...carbs...the very things I'm supposed to be reducing! I discovered Keto & Company and their line of keto-friendly foods and shakes after doing a search on Instagram. Hoping to find low-carb substitutes for foods that we enjoy, I was excited to learn that they had a brownie mix. These tasted like sponge cake right out of the oven, but got to be more brownie-like after sitting. Two important notes are that I intensified the chocolatey flavor by topping these with some Choc Zero Syrup and substituted Vanilla Almond Milk for the water because I don't like the idea of cooking with plain ole' water! You could also top these with whipped cream or your favorite low-carb ice cream. Enjoy!
- 1 bag of Keto & Co Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid state (I had to melt mine for 30 seconds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve sweetener (You can get it here)
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Choc Zero, Chocolate Syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, coconut oil and almond milk. As noted on the package, this mixes up thick. Just scoop the mix out of the bowl and into a greased pan.
- Bake the mix for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Add Swerve, butter, cream cheese, and lemon juice to a stand mix. Whip until light and fluffy (~1 minute)
- I let these brownies sit for 10 minutes then cut them into squares. I used the cream cheese mixture as a filling and topped the completed sandwiches with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.