A few weeks ago, someone posted an amazing looking platter of local BBQ. It reminded me of a meal that I get from one of my favorite BBQ spots, Sweet Lucy's. This week, I scoured Pinterest for keto-friendly ideas and figured out how to make the substitutes necessary to make my keto BBQ dreams happen. Even though my normal rib rub is nearly half brown sugar, these ribs turned out great without it. These ribs are perfect for summer and those looking to stay keto during cookout season!
- Remove the thin membrane from the back of the rib racks (The tutorial I always use can be found here)
- Cut the ribs into smaller, 3 - 4 bone sections
- Sprinkle spicy dry rub on the ribs. Allow the ribs to marinate over night
- The next day, mix chicken broth or Zevia and the bbq sauce
- Pour the sauce mix over the ribs and cook on high for 4-5 hours
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pour additional BBQ sauce on the ribs and bake for 5 minutes. This allows the rib tops and edges to char!
I paired this with my cauliflower n' cheese bake and some kale.