One of the things that I love about Butcher Box is that it provides me with meats that I don't necessary cook often - giving me the chance to try out new recipes. While ranch spiced meat is probably as old as me, it's a recipe that I haven't made so I was happy to try out this recipe with steaks and pork chops. The ranch seasoning combined with the paprika adds a great layer of flavor to any meat with only minutes of preparation.
- Pat the steaks dry
- Add seasoning to the steaks. I pat the seasonings into the meat and am sure to rub it around so that it's on the top bottom and sides of the meat.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and wait for it to sizzle
- Add steaks to the pan and sear for 3 minutes.
- Repeat #4 and #5 for the other side of the steak
- Remove the steaks from pan and allow to rest (covered with a pan lid or a foil tent for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: I swap the meat for this recipe often and include pork chops. To ensure that every part of the pork chop is amazing, I use one of the final minutes of searing to cook the "fatty spine". During this minute, I stand the chop up on the fatty side and sear. This searing makes the fat crispy and juicy enough to eat!