So you probably read the title of this recipe and wondered, how in the world do you make Bang Bang Shrimp in a way that's low-carb, grain-free, nut-free, and without adding sugar? Bang Bang sauce is super sweet and the shrimp in this dish is almost always covered in flour! My answer is that you make it very creatively. For this dish, I started with traditional recipes then tweaked and substituted ingredients until it tasted better than what I was used to eating. This dish incorporates my recipe for Easy Keto-friendly, Low-Carb Sweet Chili Sauce that doesn't have sugar added. I also add in Pepperjack Moon Cheese for an extra flavor crunch.
No-sugar Added Bang Bang Sauce
1/4 cup mayo
3 tbsp Easy Keto Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tsp Sriracha
1/4 tsp lime
Chopped Fresh Chives for garnish (optional)
- Add baking soda, coconut flour, Moon Cheese, salt, and black pepper to a food processor
- Blend until the Moon Cheese becomes more like a flour/meal (there will be a few larger bits and that's ok. Transfer to a bowl (if you'd like) for breading
- Dip each shrimp into the beaten egg then coat it with the Moon Cheese mixture. Place the coated shrimp on a plate until all are coated
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees in a frying pan
- Fry the shrimp for approximately 1 minute per side then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate for draining
- Add ingredients for the No Sugar Added Bang Bang Sauce to a bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Place the breaded shrimp on a serving dish and top with the Bang Bang Sauce drizzle as well as the fresh chives.