I had a taste for non-sweet breakfast. For me, this would typically include creamy grits, sunny-side up eggs, and bacon. The only problem with that breakfast is the grits! Enter cauliflower, the most awesome low-carb and keto-friendly substitute for grains that you might find. This recipe uses cauliflower rice to make my non-sweet breakfast happen. If you're not wanting to have this as a side for breakfast, you can also make this dish with some of my other recipes for an awesome dinner like my Sweet & Spicy Shrimp! This reheats really well so this could be part of a low-carb or ketogenic weekly meal prep.
- 1 package of cauliflower rice (~4 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat
- Add heavy cream, chicken stock, cream cheese, butter, salt, black pepper, and chives to the pan. Whisk together until cream cheese is melted (~5 minutes)
- Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook in sauce until tender (~10 minutes was enough for me, but I'd check at 5 minute intervals).