I've been missing French Toast so I was super excited to see the, now famous, egg loaf recipe all over Instagram. Like many others, I made it as is then covered it with syrup. For me, the egg loaf was just ok because I realized I wasn't a fan of the "soggy" french toast texture that everyone told me about. Fortunately, though, I knew that this recipe was mostly just missing some sort of flour to give it more of a bread-like feel. I remixed this recipe with just two extra ingredients that made me a believer! I topped this with my Keto Cinnamon Sugar as well as ChocZero Caramel.
Easy Sweet Egg Loaf
- 6 large eggs
- 6 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp of butter or ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I use this one)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Swerve, confectioners (You can get it here)
- 2 tbsp Keto Cinnamon Sugar (see note below)
FRENCH TOAST STICKS
- ~2 tbsp of butter for pan frying
- Keto Cinnamon Sugar for topping (see note below)
- Your favorite ChocZero Syrup for drizzling
Where do I get Keto Cinnamon Sugar?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients for the Easy Sweet Egg Loaf to a stand-mixer and beat until smooth (it will look like cake batter).
- Add the batter to a greased loaf pan (I sprayed coconut oil in my 360 Cookware Loaf Pan)
- Bake for 40 minutes then allow it to cool
- Heat a skillet to medium heat
- Slice the Easy Sweet Egg Loaf
- Toast both sides of slices in butter
- Top with additional Cinnamon Sugar, ChocZero and/or Whipped Cream