While I had found a replacement for sugar a long time ago, I hadn't found a replacement for brown sugar. In baking, brown sugar adds a depth of flavor that just really cannot be substituted for white sugar (and its substitutes). I found out about Sukrin Gold like most keto-friendly substitutes, on Instagram. I got a bag a week ago and used it in this recipe.
- 1/3 cup Unsalted, Grass-fed Butter
- 4 tbsp Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Replacement
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
Makes ~1 cup of Caramel
Check out some keto-friendly & low-carb recipes using this sauce
- Heat a sauce-pan to medium-low heat
- Add the butter and brown it (~8 minutes for it to turn from golden to Amber)
- Add the brown sugar replacement, heavy cream, and pink sea salt to the browned butter and whisk to incorporate
- Cook the mixture until it coats the back of a metal spoon (~8 minutes). Whisk occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Store in a glass container.