This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Each time that I have had cod, its had a pecan crust. This crust usually consists of pecans and cheese with parsley and spices. When I was challenged to use Moon Cheese, a low-carb cheese puff snack, in a meal, this was one of the first dishes that came to my mind. This recipe swaps the cheese that is usually in pecan-crusted cod with Gouda Moon Cheese. The result is a crunchy, flavorful topping that contrasts the flakey pieces of the fish. Beyond the flavor, this dish is awesome because it’s easy. You’ll have your main protein on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 2 – 6oz cod filets
- 1 package Gouda Moon Cheese (You can get them here)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Add Mooncheese, pecans, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and black pepper to a food processor. Pulse until Moon Cheese are ground (~10 pulses)
- Coat each side of the cod filets with butter
- Cover each side of the cod filets with the pecan-gouda blend
- Bake cod in the oven for 9-11 minutes, or until the fish is flakey
- Before serving, I squeezed lemon on top of the fish.