This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Once you buy into to pumpkin spice season, it’s hard to not make pumpkin spice everything. Plus, pumpkin has so many health benefits, so it’s really a no-brainer to find ways to add it to one’s diet. This Pumpkin Swirl Cake w/ Pumpkin Glaze is a play on a cinnamon swirl cake, a cake made by layering a cinnamon sugar mixture and cake batter. In this recipe, I layer a quick pumpkin pie filling with a coconut flour-based cake mix.
This cake is made with a coconut flour cake mix and is nut-free.
One thing that I love about this cake is that it is nut-free. After making many dessert recipes with almond flour, I realized that many of you were allergic to tree nuts so you needed an alternative like coconut flour. Your requests were always a challenge for me because (just being honest) I personally do not like to work with coconut flour because it tends to become dry and dense. Since keto-friendly, grain-free, sugar-free ingredients are overall more costly than regular baking supplies, I often stayed away from even experimenting with it. This cake mix is super moist so for all of you that have inquired about coconut flour pancakes, cakes, and brownies, I recommend that you check out Keto Queen Kreations, the maker of this cinnamon cake mix. Each of her mixes has 1g net carb per serving.
This recipe makes 6 mini-bundt cakes or 12 muffins.
I chose to make this in the cutest mini-bundt pans so I made 6 mini-bundt cakes (342 calories, 4g net carbs, 6g Protein, 30g Fat) that you could definitely share. If you opt to make these in muffin tins, you’d get 12 muffins (171 calories, 2g net carbs, 3g Protein, 15g Fat). I calculated the macros using MyFitnessPal as well as the nutrition facts from the cake mix label.
- 1 Keto Queen Kreations Cake Mix Cinnamon Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter or ghee
- 1 cup of coconut milk
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners or Sukrin Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp salted butter or ghee melted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the cake mix as listed on the package directions.
- Create the pumpkin swirl by adding all of the ingredients into a small mixing
- Coat your bundt pan or muffin tins with coconut oil spray
- Fill your bundt pan 1/3 of the way
- Add some dollops of the pumpkin swirl mixture (this doesn’t need to be perfect because as the cakes cook, the pumpkin swirl become more incorporated with the cake batter)
- Add a final layer of cake batter
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow the cakes to cool
- Mix all of the ingredients for the pumpkin glaze. Top the cakes with the glaze and allow the glaze to set. You can also top this with my keto whipped cream recipe or Pumpkin Pie Choc Zero Honest Syrup.
Recipe Nutrition Facts