This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Collagen is an essential part of my day because it seems to keep my hair and nails at their best. Usually, I just add it to coffee. But, this Keto Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie recipe with collagen is a nice switch from my daily coffee routine. Collagen not only gives this recipe a protein boost, but it also serves as a keto-friendly way to make thick smoothies.
Don’t have strawberry lemonade collagen? Don’t fret. This recipe will work well with any unflavored or vanilla collagen that you have on hand.
How to Make This
Making this keto strawberry smoothie is so simple! You literally just add all of the ingredients to a high-power blender and blend.
Since there is a bit of ice in this recipe, I like to blend it on high until it is perfectly smooth.
You should know that while 1 cup of liquid worked well for my blender, you might need to add a bit more liquid or give your blender a shake in the middle to help your blender along.
How to Thicken Smoothies on Keto
There are a few ways to thicken smoothies on a keto diet. Two of my favorite ways are below:
- Use collagen: I’m using collagen to thicken this recipe. One scoop per serving of collagen works well.
- Add Greek yogurt to your smoothies for creamy, dreamy thickness. When adding something like Greek Yogurt, I usually use 1/4 cup and add it in place of the same amount of liquid.
Carbs in Strawberries
Strawberries are a popular choice of fruit on keto. That’s because they have about 6g of carbs per cup.
Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie Variations
There are tons of variations to this keto strawberry smoothie recipe. Some options are:
- Instead of strawberry lemonade collagen, you can use vanilla collagen or vanilla keto shake mix.
- For an additional green boost, add ½ cup of spinach.
- You can also swap almond milk with coconut milk.
- Have more carbs available in your day? Replace a cup of ice with one more cup of frozen strawberries!
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
- Keto Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Golden Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
Keto Strawberry Lemonade Collagen Smoothie Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Use the "smoothie" setting or blend until smooth.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!