This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
These lemon pepper chicken wings are super juicy but perfectly crispy on the outside. The lemon pepper seasoning adds just the right amount of kick to make your mouth water.
You can probably tell that I’m a huge fan of wings. They’re a pretty perfect food in my book.
When made well, wings have a crunchy exterior and a moist interior. The tender meat works great with so many different sauces and seasonings. And they’re a finger food that everybody loves!
These lemon pepper chicken wings are one of my favorite recipes. They’re so crispy and juicy. The wet sauce has lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice, and butter. Your hands will be messy when you eat them, but trust me: it’s worth it!
Why You’ll Love These Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
I make these crispy wings all the time. I know you’ll love them. Here’s why.
- Easy. Recipes don’t get much easier than this. These lemon pepper wings only take about 5 minutes of work, and then they’re in the oven. They couldn’t be more simple. Plus, they only use ingredients that you probably already have around the house.
- Super crispy. Usually, you have to deep fry wings to get them crispy. That can be unhealthy and messy. But these baked wings are just as crispy as fried wings. The secret? I add baking powder to the spice rub. Baking powder changes the pH level of the chicken skin, which allows it to get crispier.
- Party favorite. I make wings a lot for dinner or a snack. But they’re even better when made for a party. Whether I’m hosting an event or attending a potluck, I love to take a batch of lemon pepper wings. It’s easy to make a large batch, and everyone will love them.
Here are all the ingredients that you need to make these juicy oven baked lemon pepper wings. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the article for the exact amounts of each ingredient.
For the Wings:
- Chicken wings – Make sure the wings are cut into drums and flats, instead of being whole.
- Baking powder
- Black pepper – For best results, use freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
For the Lemon Pepper Sauce:
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Butter – Make sure to use unsalted butter.
- Lemon juice – Use freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
How to Make Keto Friendly Wings
Here’s how to make these irresistible lemon pepper wings. They’re so easy!
- Prep. Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Dry. Remove the wings from the fridge, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Make the spice rub. Add the black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and baking powder to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Season the wings. Sprinkle the spice rub over the wings, and toss until they’re well coated.
- Add the wings to a baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or place a cooling rack on it. Add the seasoned wings on top.
- Bake. Add the wings to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, then flip them. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Toss the wings. When the wings come out of the oven, toss them with the sauce. Serve while hot.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tricks and variations that you can try with these wings.
- Use room temperature wings. For best results, remove the wings from the fridge about 30 minutes before using them. Using room temperature wings will make them even juicier when you bake them.
- Thoroughly dry the wings. When drying the wings, make sure to do a very thorough job. Use a paper towel to dry every nook and cranny. The more dry the wings, the crispier they’ll get in the oven.
- Don’t crowd the wings. Make sure that the wings are not crowded on the baking sheet. They should not be touching each other. If the wings are touching, they won’t be able to get crispy. If you have too many wings for your baking sheet, use a second baking sheet, or cook in batches.
- Make the wings dry. If you’re not a fan of wet wings, you can make these dry. Instead of making a sauce with butter and lemon juice, just toss the baked wings with the lemon pepper seasoning.
What to Serve Crispy Wings With
Nothing goes better with wings than a good sauce to dip in them. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Best Homemade Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Low Carb Keto Ranch Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Cajun Garlic Butter Sauce
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Leftover lemon pepper wings can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat them in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Can I Freeze Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings?
Absolutely! Store the wings in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. For best results, let the wings thaw completely before reheating them. But you can reheat them straight from the freezer in a 350F oven for 25-30 minutes.
More Baked Chicken Wings
I hope you loved these keto-friendly lemon pepper wings. If you did, then check out some of my other favorite baked wing recipes.
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Keto Sweet Chili Sticky Asian Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Oven Fried Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the Oven Bakeed Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps make the skin crispy).
- Mix the black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coaot.
- Place the wings on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Cook the wings in the oven for 20-25 minutes per side.
For the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Reheat in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!