This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
These Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken wings are crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and covered in some of my favorite seasonings. They’re every bit as good as deep-fried wings, and they only take about 30 minutes to make. Plus, they’re keto-friendly.
If you know me, then you know that I love chicken wings. They’re one of my favorite foods. A good wing has a great crunch when you bite into it, and moist meat.
But you don’t need to use a deep fryer to get that crunch. You can make wings that are just as crispy in your air fryer! These air fried chicken wings have a perfect texture and have become one of my go-to wing recipes.
The flavor in these wings is also excellent. It’s a simple but intense spice blend of garlic, onion, paprika, and pepper. It adds a strong pop of flavor to this tender meat.
Why You’ll Love These Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings
I make these juicy wings all the time. Here are some of the reasons why you’ll love them so much.
- Fast. These wings only take 30 minutes from start to finish. That’s so much faster than if you were to make chicken wings in the oven. These are common weekday meals or snacks for me because of how quickly I can make them.
- Healthy. When you order wings at a restaurant, they’re usually deep fried. That’s not very healthy! Because these wings are cooked in the air fryer, they don’t need lots of oil. Chicken wings have enough natural fat that this recipe only uses a small drizzle of oil. This keto-friendly recipe is basically just chicken and seasoning!
- No mess. One of my favorite things about cooking in the air fryer is eliminating mess. There’s no oil splattering when you cook in the air fryer. There’s also no leftover oil to have to deal with.
- Crispy. No matter how fast, healthy, and easy to make wings are, they still need to taste delicious. And good chicken wings need to be crispy. This recipe uses baking powder to increase the crunch.
Here’s everything you need to make these flavorful keto wings. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the article to see the exact quantities for each ingredient.
- Chicken wings – Make sure the wings are sectioned into flats and drums.
- Sea salt
- Black pepper – For best results, use freshly ground black pepper.
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Baking powder – It’s important to note that you cannot substitute baking soda for baking powder.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Here’s how to make this easy and flavorful 30-minute air fryer chicken recipe.
- Dry the chicken. Remove the chicken from the fridge and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Make the spice rub. Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Season the wings. Sprinkle the spice rub on the chicken, and toss until it’s well coated.
- Add oil. Place the wings in the basket of your air fryer and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook. Turn your air fryer on to 400F, or to 390F if using the Ninja foodi. Cook the wings for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip. Flip all of the wings over.
- Finish cooking. Cook the wings for another 12-15 minutes, then serve hot.
Cooking Tips and Variations
Here are some tricks, tips, and variations to try when making this crispy chicken.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature. If you have the time, remove your chicken from the fridge about 30 minutes before making this recipe. If the wings are at room temperature when you cook them, they’ll stay juicier in the air fryer.
- Space them out. Make sure to not crowd the wings in the air fryer basket. There should be space between each wing, which will allow the wings to get crispy. If you have too many wings to cook without crowding, then cook the wings in batches.
- Dry the wings. This recipe tells you to dry the wings before seasoning them. Make sure to take that step seriously. The drier the wings, the crispier they’ll get in the air fryer.
- Adjust the seasonings. I love this spice rub, but feel free to mix it up based on your tastes. If you like a more intensely-flavored piece of chicken, add a little extra garlic, onion, and paprika. If you’re a fan of spicy wings, you can add some chili powder.
What to Serve With Juicy Air Fried Wings
I’m a huge fan of serving crispy wings with a good sauce to dip them in. Here are some of my favorite sauces to serve with this recipe.
- Best Keto Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Low Carb Keto Ranch Dressing
- Cajun Garlic Butter Sauce
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
And these are some of my favorite sides to serve with this chicken.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
These air fried wings will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. You can reheat in the air fryer at 360F for 6-7 minutes, or in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can definitely freeze these wings. Store them in an airtight container and they’ll last in the freezer for 3 months. You can reheat them straight from the freezer, but you’ll need to add a few minutes of cooking time.
More Ninja Air Fryer Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to Try
If you like air fried chicken wings as much as I do, then you’ve got to try some more of my recipes.
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Keto Sweet Chili Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings
- Ranch Wings
- Keto Honey Sriracha Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Ninja Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings, sectioned into flats and drums
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder, You cannot swap baking soda in this recipe – I promise that the wings will not taste good if you do
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin).
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat.
- Place the wings on the cooking basket. In the Ninja Foodi, this is called the “Cook & Crisp” basket.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chicken wings.
- Use the Air Crisp setting on 390 degrees for the Ninja Foodi or 400 degrees on other fryers to cook the wings for 12-15 minutes per side.
- Enjoy the wings alone or add your favorite keto or low-carb dips and sauces.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!