This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Ninja air fryer salmon fillet recipe is incredibly tender and juicy. It’s restaurant quality and keto-friendly, but takes less than 10 minutes to make!
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins. When cooked well it’s juicy, melts in your mouth, and is packed full of flavor. And best of all, it’s super healthy. Salmon is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein. It’s one of the healthiest foods you can eat. And this Ninja air fryer salmon fillet recipe is one of my go-to ways for making salmon.
This dish is bursting with flavor. It has a fun spice blend and a kick of garlic butter. The salmon is remarkably tender and also keto-friendly. And best of all? It only takes a few minutes to make! I cook this recipe all the time when I need an easy, healthy, and flavorful weekday meal.
Why You’ll Love This Juicy, Tender Salmon
This is one of my go-to recipes, especially during the week. Here’s why you should make it.
- So easy. This is one of the easiest and quickest recipes I know. You simply season the fish, cook it in the air fryer, coat it with butter, and it’s ready to go. It requires barely any work, and the salmon is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes!
- Healthy. Air fryer salmon fillets taste indulgent because the fish is so moist, and because it’s topped with butter. But this recipe only uses a tiny amount of butter, and the rest of the ingredients – salmon, herbs, spices, and olive oil – are super healthy. It’s a keto-friendly recipe that will leave your body feeling great.
- Versatile. One of my favorite things about this dish is that you can serve it with almost anything. You can serve it with a side of vegetables, put it in a wrap or sandwich, or place it on top of a salad or pasta dish. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s everything you need to make this moist salmon recipe. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts of each ingredient.
- Salmon – Make sure to use salmon that is either fresh or fully defrosted.
- Herbes de Provence – You can use your favorite herb blend instead if you prefer.
- Black pepper – Always use freshly-ground black pepper.
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil – You can also use avocado oil.
- Garlic butter – I like to use the garlic butter from my Air Fryer Steak recipe, but you can use any type of flavored butter that you like. You can also just use plain butter.
What is Herbes de Provence?
Herbes de Provence is a common French blend of herbs. You can find it in the spice section at any grocery store. In general, it’s a mixture of dried basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and savory. It’s pretty similar to Italian seasoning.
How to Make Ninja Air Fryer Salmon Fillets
Here’s how to make this healthy keto salmon in under 10 minutes.
- Dry. Use a paper towel to dry your salmon fillets. Double-check to make sure that there are no bones in the fish.
- Add the oil. Pour the oil on your fish, and rub it on both sides.
- Season. Mix the herbs and spices together and sprinkle them on both sides of the fish.
- Cook. Turn the air fryer on to 390F. Cook until the fish can easily be flaked with a fork. This should take 5-8 minutes.
- Melt the butter. While the fish is cooking, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the butter. When the salmon comes out of the air fryer, pour the melted butter over it, and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips for making this moist keto fish recipe.
- Adjust the salt. Herbes de Provence usually doesn’t have salt, but sometimes it does. And if you replace it with a different spice blend, it might be salted. Use less salt if you’re using a salted herb blend, or else your fish will be too salty.
- Use skinless salmon. I’ve found that salmon skin doesn’t get very crispy in the air fryer. The only way to get crispy skin in an air fryer is to cook the fish so long that it’s overcooked. I recommend using salmon fillets that are skinless.
- Really dry it. Make sure to dry the salmon thoroughly with a paper towel before seasoning it. This will give the fish the best texture, and also allow more of the seasoning to stick to the salmon.
- Check the doneness frequently. Salmon can go from undercooked to overcooked very quickly. I recommend air frying the fish for 5 minutes, and then checking the doneness. If it’s not yet done, cook it in 1-minute increments, checking after each time, until it’s done cooking.
What to Serve It With
I think this air fryer salmon fillet recipe is best served with some traditional side dishes. Here are a few of my favorite recipes to serve with this healthy fish.
- Keto Mushroom Rice Risotto
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Loaded Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Feta & Zucchini
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Salmon
Keep leftover salmon in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350F air fryer for 3-5 minutes, until the fish is warmed all the way through. You can also cover the salmon in aluminum foil and reheat in a 300F oven for 10 minutes.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
Yes! Store the salmon in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure to defrost or thaw the fish before reheating it.
More Ninja Air Fryer Salmon Recipes
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
I hope you loved this 10-minute air fryer salmon recipe. Here are a few of my other favorite keto air fryer meals.
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Ninja Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Dry your salmon with a paper towel and run your hand over the surface gently to ensure that there are no bones.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the fish and rub it in on both sides.
- Mix the seasonings and sprinkle them on both sides of the fish.
- Turn your air fryer on 390F and cook the salmon for 5-8 minutes. I recommend starting with 5 minutes, checking the fish, and then cooking in 1-minute increments until it flakes with a fork.
- Melt the seasoned butter for 30 seconds in the microwave and pour it over the fish before eating.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!