This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
If you’re wondering how to make salmon in a Ninja Foodi air fryer, then look no further. This easy recipe for air fryer salmon takes less than 10 minutes to complete. It includes tips to cook your salmon filets perfectly. Plus, I share several recommendations for delicious, low carb & keto-friendly side dishes and a garlic butter to top it with too! This recipe is great if you want a quick & easy healthy meal.
Why Make Air Fryer Salmon
- Quick & easy: this recipe is ready with fresh salmon in less than 15 minutes
- Includes a tried & tested recipe that helps you make perfect salmon in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer every time.
- Salmon Filets: I used two, 4.5-6oz, center cut, fresh or thawed salmon filets. I’ve used Atlantic Salmon or Sockeye Salmon. Both work well.
- Herbs de Provence or Herb Sprinkle Seasoning: I’m using a salt-free herb seasoning blend. Either of the two works. You might also substitute with another herb blend like Italian Seasoning that you enjoy.
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika: this provides a dash of a smokey kick.
- Olive Oil or avocado oil
- Garlic Butter: I originally shared this recipe using a flavored butter that I picked up from the market. But, since sharing my air fryer steak recipe, I’ve just started making compound butter at home.
How to Make Salmon in an Air Fryer:
- Dry your filets with a paper towel and run the surface gently to ensure that there are no bones.
- Drizzle olive oil on your filets and spread it evenly on both sides
- Mix the seasonings & sprinkle them on both sides of the fish.
- Turn your air fryer on 390 degrees and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until your fish flakes easily with a fork
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
How to not overcook your salmon filet in the Ninja Foodi:
The amount of time that this dish takes largely depends on how thick your fish is. I would always start with less time and add more time in 1-minute intervals.
For Sockeye Salmon, 5 minutes was more than enough. If you have a thicker fish, start with 5 minutes, then add more time until it flakes easily.
Just like salt, you can always cook the fish longer if it’s not done. But you can’t reverse time, if it gets overcooked.
Air Fryers are perfect for doing quick checks, since you can open the lid, test the fish, and return it if needed.
Does the bottom skin get crispy?
After making salmon in an air fryer several times, one thing that I noticed is that the bottom skin does not get as crispy as when you sear salmon in a hot pan. For me, I opt to eat the salmon without the skin when I make it in my air fryer.
Which salmon did you use?
In this recipe, I used two, 4-oz Sockeye Salmon fillets. My fish came pre-portioned.
Since this fish is light and not as thick (when compared to Atlantic Salmon), it cooked pretty quickly.
My fish was thawed and had sat on the counter for about 15 minutes to come closer to room temperature.
Recommended Air Fryer
I use 390 degrees for salmon.
Depending on how thick your salmon is, it takes 5-8 minutes to make salmon in the air fryer.
I do not flip my fish when making it in the air fryer.
Side Dishes for Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Salmon:
There are so many side dish options to make this cooked salmon a meal. Some of my favorites are:
- Keto Mushroom Rice Risotto
- Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Loaded Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Feta & Zucchini
More Keto & Low Carb Air Fryer Recipes:
I love cooking in an air fryer because it turns almost anything into a quick meal!
If you have an air fryer or are new to having one, some air fryer recipes for beginners are:
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
If you have a Foodi, then you should also explore my collection of Ninja Foodi recipes.
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Herbed Salmon Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 8 oz Salmon, I used two, 4-oz Sockeye Salmon filets
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Butter, I used melted butter. You could swap this for seasoned butter from the refrigerated section of the market and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Dry your filets with a paper towel and run the surface gently to ensure that there are no bones
- Drizzle the olive oil on the fish and rub it in on both sides of the fish
- Mix the seasonings & sprinkle them on both sides of the fish
- Turn your air fryer on 390 degrees and cook for 5-8 minutes. I recommend starting with 5 minutes, checking the fish, and increasing the time by 1 additional minutes until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Melt the seasoned butter for 30 seconds in the microwave and pour it over the fish before eating.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!