This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Adding milk to regular coffee can dilute all of the coffee flavor. That’s why Cold Brew Latte is the coffee lovers’ better iced coffee alternative. This easy recipe includes less than five ingredients and store-brought cold brew. Enjoy this hot or cold with almond milk, regular milk or another dairy-free milk alternative.
Why Make Homemade Iced Cold Brew Latte
- Budget-friendly: Cold Brew Lattes are so refreshing, but it really adds up if you get them regularly from a coffee shop. You could buy an entire half gallon of almond milk for what they charge for a single drink. By using this recipe, you can make it at home and save.
- Control ingredients: Not every coffee shop has non-dairy options available, and often their sugar-free items are filled with sweeteners that I either avoid or limit. So, making this at home gives more options.
- Cold Brew Coffee: I’m using store-bought cold brew because it contains a mix of coffee and espresso. I buy my cold brew from Thrive Market because I can stock up on a range of healthy food items and save (or get the cost of my membership money back as a credit).
- Ice: This is optional. Sometimes I add ice, but I mostly use chilled cold brew and almond milk
- Almond Milk: I’m using unsweetened almond milk, but you can use any milk or milk alternative
- Sweetener: I’m using my favorite keto-friendly granular sweetener, but you can use your favorite.
How to Make The Best Cold Brew Latte
- Add the Cold Brew and sweetener to a tall cup.
- Use a frother, mini whisk or spoon to mix the cold brew and sweetener.
- Add in ice or just simply use chilled cold brew and milk
- Pour in almond milk and enjoy.
Top Tips & FAQs
Cold Brew Concentrate vs. Strong Brewed Coffee
Many of the store-bought cold brews actually contain a mix of coffee and espresso. That’s what gives them the really bold flavor that stands up to adding milk.
You can try making your mixed drinks with a strong cup of dark roast, but I find that it often loses all coffee flavor once you add the almond milk.
Cold brew is almost always a concentrate, meaning you are supposed to dilute it to taste with either water (if you are drinking it black) or milk.
This cold brew latte is really easy to adapt to your diet or that of your guests. I’m using a sugar substitute to keep it low-carb and keto-friendly, but this particular sweetener is a 1:1 sugar substitute, so you can go ahead and use the same measurement of regular sugar or any other substitute you like in the same ratio per tablespoon of regular sugar.
Of course, you are also welcome to make it completely unsweetened or serve it with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream on top as well.
Almond Milk Latte Variations
There are many extracts out there now or even flavored liquid stevia that you could add or substitute in.
You could even make your own simple syrup and flavor that if you aren’t currently Keto.
Another decadent option is to swap out the almond milk for your favorite vanilla Keto or non-dairy ice cream. That way you can enjoy either a coffee float or blend it up into a coffee-flavored milkshake.
Cold Brew Latte is a drink that includes one part cold brew (strong brewed or concentrated coffee that sometimes includes espresso) and one or two parts milk. You can enjoy it hot or cold.
Cold Brew Latte is milky and creamy like iced coffee, but it has a stronger coffee flavor. Since many store-brought cold brews also include espresso, its comparable to an iced
coffee that has a double shot.
You can enjoy cold brew with either cream or milk. If using cream, just a few tablespoons and dilute the cold brew with water. This Cold Brew Latte uses milk since it’s much lighter tasting than cream and the one-to-one ratio of milk to cold brew offers a rich coffee flavor that isn’t overwhelming or comparable to drinking black coffee.
Cold Brew has strong brewed coffee and some brands also include espresso, which creates a rich coffee and somewhat chocolate flavor.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- The Best Keto Pancakes Recipe
- Chicken Breakfast Sausages
- Keto Chicken and Waffles
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
More Latte Recipes
I like making Starbucks copycats at home and hope you will give them a try too:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Almond Milk Cold Brew Iced Latte
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all ingredients to a tall bottle or shaker cup.
- Use a frother, blender ball, spoon or mini whisk to incorporate
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!