This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of my favorite keto pumpkin recipes. It’s perfect for making sugar-free or low carb lattes at home. Make this delicious keto pumpkin spice latte in less than 5 minutes with instant coffee or hot coffee. Or, enjoy this as a pumpkin spice cold brew. Plus, get tips for the best sugar-free sweeteners to use and ideas for how to make iced, hot, bulletproof, and dairy-free versions.
Why Make a Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Enjoy Pumpkin Season: I’m not sure about you, but my fall season is filled with all things pumpkin spice, including Keto Pumpkin Bars, Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins, pumpkin chia pudding and more. This recipe is another option to add to the list!
- Cut sugar and carbs: A tall, traditional, or classic Pumpkin Spice Latte has about 50 grams of sugar and 52 grams of carbs! This version does not use added sugar or refined sugar. So, it only has 3g net carbs per serving.
- Easy Recipe: This keto pumpkin spice latte recipe requires easy ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. If you want a homemade pumpkin spice latte that tastes as good as a regular pumpkin spice latte (like the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte but healthier), this delicious latte is for you!
Can you drink lattes on keto?
Most people who are on keto are aiming to stay in ketosis.
With that in mind, we limit the amount of sugar we eat throughout each day.
While you can certainly make the best choice for you, the amount of sugar in just one regular latte is close to three entire days’ worth of carbs for people who eat standard keto.
For me, that’s not worth it, for two reasons:
- If I’m going to be having that many carbs, it definitely won’t be on a coffee drink
- As you’ll find in this recipe, you absolutely make a creamy, dreamy version without it
That said, after you make this keto-friendly pumpkin spice latte (or sugar-free pumpkin spice latte), it will become your top 5 favorite fall drink!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: I’m using dairy-free milk since this is what I prefer, but you can use any unsweetened milk alternative that you wish.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I always purchase Pumpkin Pie Spice because there are a ton of brands that have just simple ingredients without fillers. However, you can also make it, using a homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
- Vanilla Extract
- Keto Sweetener: I use an all-natural sugar substitute. Both powdered and granular work in this recipe. I prefer this keto sweetener for drinks.
- Pumpkin Puree: I purchase this canned. It is unsweetened. This drink was not tested with pumpkin pie filling. In fact, you should avoid it to keep the drink keto-friendly. Also, if you prefer, you could make your own, homemade pumpkin puree using real pumpkin.
- Hot Coffee
- MCT Oil: this is optional and helps to make the drink more similar to bulletproof coffee.
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Add the coffee to a large cup or mug or you can use a blender.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and remaining ingredients to the cup with the coffee.
- Use a hand blender, regular blender, immersion blender, or milk frother to incorporate it all for the perfect blend – it takes about 1 minute to get frothy.
- Top with sugar free whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin spice
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Freeze leftover pumpkin: I tend to not use all of my pumpkin puree, so you can save it in the freezer by putting them in ice cube molds. You can just pop them out of the freezer and use them in this drink or for another purpose as you please.
- For a creamier drink: If you want your low carb pumpkin spice latte to be creamier, try adding a little heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, keto sweet cream, or unsweetened coconut cream to your preference.
The Best Options for Coffee
I prefer to include coffee in my latte.
But, there are a few ways to incorporate coffee into this drink. I’ll describe each of the three ways below.
- Use Instant Coffee: When I’m in a rush or on the go, Instant Coffee is my favorite. A little really goes a long way so I only needed ¼ tsp per serving. You can amp up the coffee flavor by adding more.
- Use Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee: whether you purchase a coffee brew spice or pick up a bag of pumpkin flavored ground coffee, you can add more flavor without calories or sugar with flavored coffee.
- Make Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew using my recipe
Best Keto Sweeteners for Drinks
You can use a wide range of keto-friendly sweeteners, such as erythritol, allulose, or stevia.
When making drinks, such as this sugar free pumpkin spice latte, I find that erythritol blends work best. My personal favorite for drinks is Truvia.
I’ve also used Swerve, but I find that this works best as a sugar substitute for baking.
Making this Bulletproof
In this recipe, you’ll notice that I’ve included MCT Oil. For me, MCT is one of the healthiest fats that I found on keto.
If you don’t have MCT Oil, you can use a little coconut oil (just be sure you know the differences between MCT oil and coconut oil).
I tend to prefer MCT oil over butter in my “butter coffee” because I personally have found that just a little bit of it helps me get into ketosis.
I used just one tablespoon of MCT Oil in this drink. You can decide if you want to make your drink bulletproof too!
Warm spices, pumpkin, and coffee.
You can use regular milk or any milk alternative.
Yes. This drink includes coffee so it has caffeine.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Coffee, hot
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil, optional, to make the drink bulletproof
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Keto Sweetener (Drinks), I'm linking my favorite keto sweetener for drinks. It is different from the keto sweeteners that I use for baking
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree, unsweetened
- Add the coffee to a large cup or mug or you can use a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cup with the coffee.
- Use a hand blender or regular blender to incorporate – it takes about 1 minute to get frothy.
- Top with sugar free whipped cream and more pumpkin spice
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!