This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Easy Low Carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells recipe just requires cheese wraps and a few tools to make. They are perfect if you’re looking for a grain-free alternative to taco shells.
Why Use Cheese Wraps to Make Cheese Taco Shells
There are two main reasons to use cheese wraps to make these shells. First, they make the process super easy. Just plop the wraps on the baking pan and go. Second, they are pre-shaped. Some recipes available require drawing circles to get the perfect taco shell shape.
Ingredients in Low Carb Taco Shells
As I promised, this recipe is super easy. And, there are only two ingredients.
How to Make Cheese Taco Shells
Making cheese taco shells is incredibly easy. In this post, you’ll find a video tutorial. To make these, you simply:
- Preheat the oven
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the cheese & bake
- Shape the cheese into a shell
How to Make these Using Shredded Cheese
This recipe includes cheese wraps since I had them on hand and can get them easily from my local store.
But, if you’re wondering whether you can use shredded cheese to make these taco shells, I wanted to provide that option for you.
As described by one of my blogger friends, you’d need to substitute 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
Tools to Make Low Carb Taco Shells
What to Serve with Keto Cheese Shell Tacos
If you want to make keto tacos, then you can pair these shells with a variety of fillings. From this website, you’ll find lots of recipe options for proteins, including some of these favorites:
Easy Slow Cooker Boneless Pork RoastGet this recipe
Easy Keto Shrimp Tacos RecipeGet this recipe
Marinated Boneless New York Strip Steak RecipeGet this recipe
Easy Pan-Seared Halibut RecipeGet this recipe
Besides those, you can mix things up by pairing these cheese shells with some of the proteins or vegetables in this collection of keto grilled food recipes.
Other Keto Mexican Recipes
As you may have imagined from my keto Mexican food post, I love Mexican food. If you do too, then you might be interested in some of these recipes:
- 3 Cheese Wraps
- 1/2 tsp Taco Seasoning Mix optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree
- Add the Cheese Wraps to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle them with the seasoning (if you'd like to use it)
- Bake the cheese wraps for 4 minutes
- Allow the cheese wraps to cool for 1 minute
- Gently lift the cheese wraps from the parchment paper and drape them over a taco stand or the edge of a bowl so that they form a taco shell shape.
- Flip the cheese wraps over after 1 minute and fill with your preferred toppings.