This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Take your Cajun Shrimp to the next level by pairing it with my keto Alfredo sauce to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta Alfredo! This recipe is quick and easy. Plus, I keep it low-carb for everyday meals by enjoying it with steamed broccoli, zoodles or hearts of palm noodles. Not worried about carbs? No worries! This shrimp and sauce are full of flavor and can be enjoyed with whatever base that you prefer.
Why Make This
- Quick & easy: this recipe comes together in about 30 minutes. You can even cook the Cajun shrimp in the air fryer.
- Options for many ways of eating: whether you’re following a keto or low-carb way of eating or not, you can tailor this dish to suit the way you eat. The shrimp and sauce make a good topping to any base that you choose.
I’m using most of the same ingredients that I used in my air fryer Cajun shrimp. But, I’m searing the shrimp in the pan.
- Shrimp: I’m using raw, thawed peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp. I prefer to get the kind labeled 16-20 or 13-15 per pound.
- Butter: I’m using regular unsalted butter, but you could also use my 5-minute garlic herb butter
- Cajun Seasoning: this is my homemade seasoning mix that can be used in this recipe, but also stored to make Cajun Shrimp, Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Thighs, Cajun Wings and Keto Shrimp & Grits.
This sauce comes from my keto Alfredo sauce recipe.
- Butter: I’m using unsalted butter
- Parmesan Cheese: this is the fresh grated kind from the refrigerated section in the market. I have not used the shelf-stable Parmesan cheese in this sauce and do not recommend it as it is often saltier than the refrigerated option.
- Garlic: fresh minced garlic packs the most flavor
- Cream Cheese: this adds to the creamy texture. You can soften this quickly by adding it to the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Italian Seasoning: this gives the dish flavors like oregano, parsley, red crushed peppers, and thyme.
- Heavy Cream: I’m using organic heavy whipping cream.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta Alfredo Base
You can use any base that you prefer.
- Pasta Base: in the tutorial, I’m using hearts of palm noodles as a low-carb pasta base. I’ve also used steamed broccoli and zoodles for a low-carb option.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
The best way to learn how to make this dish is to watch the video tutorial.
Generally, you can make Cajun Shrimp Alfredo by:
- Tossing the shrimp in the Cajun seasoning
- Sear the seasoned shrimp on both sides and set aside
- Add the Alfredo ingredients to the pan and cook until the sauce thickens
- Add shrimp along with steamed broccoli, zoodles or hearts of palm noodles or another base to the sauce before serving
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Use the same pan: you might be tempted to make the Alfredo sauce in a separate pan than the one you use to cook the shrimp, but don’t. The leftover bits and fat from the shrimp can be a great starter for the Alfredo sauce.
- Add more liquid to get a looser sauce: this sauce is thick and creamy. To get a looser sauce, simply add more cream. You could also add broth for a lighter option.
Making Cajun Shrimp Alfredo with Jarred Alfredo Sauce
I love to make my own Alfredo sauce, but you can use your favorite jarred Alfredo sauce to save time.
After cooking the shrimp, simply add the jarred Alfredo sauce to the pan and heat it through.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1.5 cups Broccoli, steamed, florets
- 13 oz Hearts of Palm Linguine Pasta
For the Cajun shrimp
- Toss the shrimp in the Cajun seasoning mix and set aside.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet until melted and sizzling
- Sear shrimp for 2 minutes per side to cook them through and set aside
For the alfredo sauce
- In the same skillet used for shrimp, no need to rinse. Melt the butter for the Alfredo sauce on medium heat
- Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes)
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the heavy cream and softened cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens (about 5-7 minutes)
Finish the dish
- Add the “pasta” to the pan with the alfredo sauce. Use tongs to toss them around and coat them. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the steamed broccoli and shrimp.
- Optional: Top with more parmesan cheese, sprinkles of cajun seasoning, lemon wedges, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!