This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
As you might notice from viewing all of my recipes, the air fryer is an irreplaceable tool in my kitchen. Vegetables, fried chicken, and seafood can all be cooked to crisp perfection without a lot of oil. Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is the most delicious broccoli ever! It’s also super easy to make. If you’re not a fan of steamed broccoli, try it air fried and you’ll notice that it’s a game changer.
Why Roast Vegetables in an Air Fryer
To me, the best way to eat things like broccoli is to roast it. However, turning on the oven on a hot summer day is not what I like to do.
Instead of roasting broccoli in the oven, I bring out my air fryer instead! And, with around five ingredients, making broccoli in the air fryer helps me get all the health benefits of eating broccoli and really enjoy it.
How to Cook Broccoli in an Air Fryer
The best way to learn how to make this dish is by watching the step-by-step video tutorial located in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil and seasonings
- Cook it in the air fryer on an even layer for 5-10 minutes per side
- Toss the air fried broccoli with melted butter, a squeeze of lemon and Parmesan Cheese before enjoying
Fresh or Frozen Broccoli
I like to use fresh broccoli in my air fryer. However, I buy already cut fresh broccoli from the produce department to save time.
I didn’t use frozen broccoli when testing this recipe, however, since it is already blanched, frozen broccoli should take less time to cook.
If you want to try out frozen broccoli, I’d recommend that you start by cooking the frozen broccoli as directed for only 5 minutes per side, until your level of preferred doneness is achieved.
You can season the broccoli to taste at the end of cooking.
How Long to Cook Them
Crispy and crunchy texture is my favorite, so I tend to leave my broccoli in the air fryer for about 15-20 minutes total. You can do more or less depending on your preferences and how big the broccoli florets are.
In the video tutorial in the recipe card, I shared some images of what my broccoli looked like at 10, 15 and 20 minutes. Generally, it is a good idea to open up your air fryer and check on them every five minutes after 10 minutes of cooking.
If the herb and parmesan flavor is not your thing, you can omit them, and simply use salt and pepper. You could also season the broccoli to taste with homemade seasonings or spice blends from the store like Cajun Seasoning, ranch seasoning or Old Bay.
This recipe would also be delicious paired with:
What to Eat with this Side Dish
This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is naturally keto-friendly and low-carb. Some main dishes that you can enjoy this with are:
- Keto Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- Keto Sweet Chili Asian Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Air Fryer Roasted Roasted Broccoli
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the broccoli, olive oil, and seasonings to a bowl and mix. Rinse the bowl and set aside.
- Place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer cooking pot in an even layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes per side. I like to cook these for 10 minutes on one side, flip the broccoli and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the cooking basket and place them back in the bowl. Toss them in the melted butter and parmesan right before serving.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!