This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli recipe is an easy side dish using 4 ingredients. This quick recipe comes together in about 10 minutes. Enjoy it with my air fryer frozen wings, air fryer bbq chicken breasts, or seafood dishes like air fryer cajun shrimp to make a meal.
Why Air Fry Frozen Broccoli
- Minimize food waste: one of the downsides of making air fryer broccoli with fresh vegetables is that if you forget about the broccoli or have a change of plans, you have to worry about eating it before it goes to waste. By using frozen broccoli, you always have vegetables at the peak of freshness.
- Quick & easy: this easy recipe comes together with about four simple ingredients and simple steps. And, the best part is that it’s ready in a cooking time of less than 10 minutes. This is an easy way to make a tasty side dish for busy weeknights or lazy weekends, so add this to your list of easy air fryer recipes.
- No thaw: There’s no need to thaw out your frozen broccoli before putting it in the air fryer.
Making air fried frozen broccoli doesn’t require a ton of ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Frozen Broccoli Florets: I purchased these frozen from the market. You do not need to thaw them out before cooking.
- Sea Salt: I’m using fine sea salt. You can use this, if you wish, to taste
- 24 Herb Sprinkle Seasoning: This has a great blend of spices (which includes garlic powder and onion powder) and is one of my favorite seasonings to pick up from local grocery stores. But, if you want, use Italian seasoning and garlic powder instead.
- Avocado Oil is one of the best oils for air frying. I’m using it, but you can also use olive oil.
- Lemon: this is completely optional as it adds a fresh, bright flavor at the end.
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Cook Frozen Broccoli in an Air Fryer
- Add the frozen broccoli florets, oil, and seasoning to a large bowl. Use tongs or a spoon to evenly coat the frozen broccoli with the seasoning and a bit of oil.
- Add the seasoned frozen broccoli to the air fryer basket. (Not need to place it in a single layer as it cooks just fine by tossing it halfway through).
- Air Crisp them at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Toss.
- Air Crisp the broccoli for 3-5 minutes more to cook it through.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Do not thaw: this recipe was tested with frozen broccoli. It should not be thawed before cooking. If you have fresh broccoli, then use my general air fryer broccoli recipe, which will allow you to have crispy broccoli, if preferred.
- Do not overcook: frozen broccoli does not crisp up in the air fryer like fresh broccoli florets. So, for best results, be sure to cook it for the suggested time. Adding time will only make the tender broccoli mushy, and no one really loves mushy vegetables.
How to store Leftover Air-Fried Broccoli
If you have any leftover broccoli, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for the next day (up to 5 days).
Yes! You can add frozen broccoli directly to your air fryer and cook it. It turns out more similar to steamed broccoli compared to fresh broccoli, which turns out more roasted.
I use 400 degrees for most things in my air fryer, including broccoli.
Yes! Frozen vegetables should not be thawed before cooking them in the air fryer. Some of my favorite frozen vegetables to put in the air fryer are air fried frozen Brussel sprouts and air fryer frozen green beans. So, feel free to air fry your favorite frozen veggie!
No. The packaging on most frozen vegetables instructs you to not thaw out the product before cooking.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli is the perfect side dish. Here are some main dishes to make it a complete meal:
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Roasted Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1 lb Broccoli Florets, frozen, do not thaw
- 1 tsp 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning (Salt-free)
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil, or olive oil
- Add the frozen broccoli florets, oil, and seasoning to a large bowl. Use tongs or a spoon to evenly coat the frozen broccoli with the seasoning and oil.
- Add the seasoned broccoli to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp them at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Toss.
- Air Crisp the broccoli for 3-4 more minutes to cook it through.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!
Leave a Reply