This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Add Naked Air Fryer Cajun Wings to your game day menu with this three-ingredient air fryer chicken wings recipe. It features my homemade Cajun seasoning as a dry rub and a cooking oil. Enjoy a plate of these as is with my blue cheese dressing or add my air fryer broccoli, air fryer asparagus, or air fryer radishes to make a meal!
Why Make This
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning: I use my DIY Cajun seasoning as a dry rub in this recipe. I love it because by making it yourself, you get to have all the flavor and control the salt. Plus, there’s always some leftover to use in other recipes like my air fryer cajun shrimp and keto shrimp and grits.
- Quick with simple ingredients: this Air Fryer Cajun Wings recipe has less than five ingredients and just requires you to coat the meat with seasoning and air fry until the chicken wings are crisp
- Chicken Wings: I’m using fresh, raw, chicken wings that are cut into drums and flats. You can also keep the chicken wings whole for this or any of my air fryer chicken wings recipes.
- Cajun Seasoning: this is a homemade spice mix. You can get the recipe by clicking the linked name.
- Avocado Oil: this oil works to help crisp and brown the wings. If you don’t have it, olive oil is a good substitute.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Coat the chicken wings with oil and spices
- Add the wings to the air fryer cooking basket
- Air fry on 400 degrees
- Flip mid-way through to get an even crisp on both sides
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Give the wings space: air frying works best when the food has enough space to allow the air to flow. By not overcrowding your chicken wings, you’ll have more even cooking.
- Toss the wings in the seasoning after to amp up the dry rub flavor: you can put dry rub on chicken before and after cooking.
- Let the chicken sit with the dry rub on it for maximum flavor: you can season the wings and store them in the refrigerator overnight
How long does it take to fry wings in an air fryer?
This depends on the cooking temperature that you use and how big your wings are. Overall, your chicken wings should be ready in 30 minutes or less.
How long does it take to air fry chicken wings at 400?
I prefer to cook chicken wings in the air fryer at 400 degrees. It takes about 25 minutes for crispy chicken wings to cook.
How do you make blackened wings in an air fryer?
This recipe is one way to make blackened chicken. But, you can also use blackened seasoning or my chicken dry rub for similar results.
Can you layer chicken wings in an air fryer?
You should not layer your chicken wings in a basket style air fryer. To make the chicken crisp and cook it evenly, it’s important to have room for the air to circulate.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Add the cajun seasoning and oil to the bowl with the chicken. Then, evenly coat it with the seasoning and oil
- Add the chicken wings to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp the chicken wings at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!