This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Keto Shrimp Tacos recipe is fresh, and delicious all without the extra carbs. In this recipe, I’m sharing how to cook shrimp for tacos using a few ingredients and a hot pan. I also provide a few options for taco shells, including an easy low carb option made from Crystal Farms’ Cheese Wraps.
Ingredients in Shrimp Tacos
This recipe really has two main ingredients: cheese taco shells and easy cast iron shrimp. Besides that, all other toppings are optional and based on your preferences. Some of my favorite options include:
- Diced Red Onions
- Sour Cream
- Fajita Vegetables
How To Make Shrimp Tacos
- Cook the shrimp on the stovetop, grill, or air fryer
- Make or gather your preferred keto taco shell
- Assemble the keto shrimp tacos on a taco stand by adding the shrimp and your favorite toppings to your shell
Easy Low Carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells RecipeGet this recipe
Keto Taco Shells
Every taco needs to have a shell. And one of the challenges for people following a low-carb or ketogenic lifestyle, most taco shells have grains and/or carbs.
So, the options used to be quite limited: make a taco salad or wrap everything in lettuce.
In this recipe, I’m using Crystal Farms Cheese Wraps as a low carb, keto-friendly taco shell, which is available at supermarkets like Kroger.
As I explain in my how to make a cheese taco shell tutorial, I prefer to use these wraps for a few reasons. First, they are one of the first cheese wrap brands to be made of nothing, but cheese. Plus, since they are pre-shaped, you can easily just pop in the oven and bake.
Lastly, in flavors like Marble Jack and Mozzarella, they also tend to be mild enough in taste to go well with a range of proteins.
How to Cook Shrimp for Tacos
There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking your shrimp for shrimp tacos.
In this recipe, I’m simply searing them in a cast iron pan. This means that I’m cooking them with salt, pepper, and butter in a hot pan until the edges of the shrimp have a nice brown char.
Variations: Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
One of my favorite recipes on the blog is keto bang bang shrimp. It includes golden crispy breaded shrimp and a no sugar added bang bang sauce.
This recipe is perfect as an appetizer, but would also be great as part of a shrimp tacos dish. To make Bang Bang Shrimp tacos, you’d simply prepare the shrimp as indicated in that recipe and then use them as a replacement for the easy seared shrimp that I share below.
Low-Carb Bang Bang Shrimp (Grain-free, No-Added Sugar)Get this recipe
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos
These are great alone, but they would be perfect as part of a keto taco bar. To make a taco bar, you’d simply make enough taco shells for a crowd and pair it with a variety of meats and toppings.
Some meats that work well for a crowd are:
Easy Slow Cooker Boneless Pork RoastGet this recipe
4-Spice Chicken Breast (Quick, Keto, Low-carb, Dinner for 2)
- .75 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1.5 tsp Spicy Fajita Seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp salted butter or Salted Butter
Keto Cheese Taco Shells
- 3 Crystal Farms Cheese Wraps Marble Jack
- 3 tbsp Guacamole
- 2 tbsp Lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
For the Shrimp
- Toss the shrimp in the seasoning mix and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat
- Add the ghee or salted butter and allow it to coat the bottom of the pan
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. I used jumbo shrimp so they took 2 minutes per side. However, if you are using smaller shrimp then it will cook faster.
For the Cheese Taco Shells
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree
- Add 3 Crystal Farms Cheese Wraps to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake the cheese wraps for 4 minutes
- Allow the cheese wraps to cool for 1 minute
- Gently lift the cheese wraps from the parchment paper and drape them over a taco stand or the edge of a bowl so that they form a taco shell shape.
- Flip the cheese wraps over after 1 minute and fill with your preferred toppings.