When I was writing my dissertation, I often “rewarded” my effort and took a break by grabbing a Nova Lox sandwich on an Everything Bagel from Einstein Brothers. For me, the mix of a warm, toasted Everything Bagel with the chilled Nova Lox (Smoked Salmon), cucumbers and other veggies was an awesome combo of salty and fresh ingredients. Little did I know, the bagel had at least 56g of net carbs. For this Keto Fathead Dough Bagel recipe, I used a modified version of fathead dough to remake Everything Bagels at home. These Keto Fathead Dough Bagels are super easy to make (baked and prepped in less than 30 minutes). Further, it satisfies my bagel cravings for only 6g net carbs per bagel.
This recipe makes 4 savory bagels.
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese low moisture
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion salt I use the one from Trader Joes because it has a blend of onion powder, salt, and parsley or California Style Onion Powder (this is a salt-free option)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning Sesame Seeds, Dried Onions or Other
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Mix almond flour with baking powder, garlic powder and onion salt. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave safe mixing bowl
- Heat the cheeses in the microwave for 45 seconds
- Use a mixing spatula to incorporate the cheese
- Heat the cheese mixture again for 45 seconds
- Add the almond flour mixture and the egg to the cheese mixture.
- Mix until well incorporated and a ball of dough forms
- Cover the ball of dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes. This allowed the dough to firm up a bit more and cool down.
- Split the dough into 4 balls and use your hand to form dough logs.
- Wrap each log around the donut pan mold - You can also use your hands to simply connect both sides of the log, but I got this pan because I plan to use it to make donuts.
- Sprinkle your preferred seasoning to the top of each bagel. I used Everything Bagel from Trader Joes
- Cook the bagels for 15 minutes or until the tops of the bagels are golden
- Optional: Slice the bagels in half and toast them in a heated griddle pan or skillet. Simply add a thin coat of cooking spray (I use Coconut Oil Spray) and place the bagel halves inside down into the pan. Allow the bagels to brown on the inside (~1 minute)
Recipe Nutrition Facts