This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
When it comes to making a delicious and healthy side dish with little effort that’s big on taste, air fryer recipes are a great option. This easy air fryer mushroom recipe will blow any mushroom lover away. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal, but the quick recipe is especially helpful when you need a healthy option on busy weeknights.
Air fryer vegetables like these seasoned mushrooms pair well with chicken, pork, or any good steak. In only a few minutes of cooking, you’ll have a game changer dish that are the best mushrooms for all year around.
Why Make Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms
- Adds flavor: This recipe is an easy way to add extra flavor to any meal. Try a main dish like this air fryer steak with a mushroom topping!
- Less mess: If you’ve ever made sauteed mushrooms, you know that it can get messy. Cooking in an air fryer contains the splatter—and I love quick clean up!
- Versatile option: Delicious air fryer mushrooms can be made well with all different types of mushrooms. They go well with practically any type of dish, making them a great option any night of the week.
- Basic ingredients: This recipe uses just a few common ingredients—only fresh mushrooms and roasted garlic butter for maximum flavor.
- Easy side dish: Using an air fryer is simple. Even a less seasoned home cook can easily create a delicious side, which is one of my favorite side dishes for steak.
- Mushrooms: I’m using baby Bellas, but shiitake and cremini mushrooms are some of my other favorites
- Roasted Garlic Butter: I melted this since that is easy to mix and used it for added flavor
- Sea salt
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Roasted Garlic Air Fryer Mushrooms
Whether you use baby Bella mushrooms, cremini mushrooms or white button mushrooms, this easy side dish will be a hit! With less oil and cooking time, you’ll impress even the mushroom hater in your group with these earthy flavors of the mushrooms.
With fresh mushrooms, melted butter, and garlic flavors they are a great keto or low carb option. Here are four quick steps to your new favorite topping!
- Mix the ingredients. Add the garlic butter, clean mushrooms and sea salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Incorporate with a spatula. Use a rubber spatula to mix thoroughly, making sure the mushrooms are covered well.
- Prevent sticking. Add air fryer parchment paper liners to your air fryer basket. Place the mushrooms on top in a single layer.
- Cook the mushrooms. Air fry mushrooms at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Air Fryer Mushroom Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Any mushroom works: Use any type of sliced mushroom that your family enjoys for this easy recipe. Or, try a new type like chestnut mushrooms!
- Serving Guests: Not sure if your guests like mushrooms? Present the cooked mushrooms on a serving plate, sitting them on the table for mushroom fans to enjoy.
- Maintain the flavor. After cooking, place the mushrooms on a plate lined with paper towels if you want to blot a bit of the sauce off.
- Make sure your mushrooms don’t stick. I’ve tested this recipe in a few different air fryers. My Ninja Foodi has a non-stick surface and you can air fry in the main cooking pot without lining the pan. If you don’t have air fryer liners or have a different type of air fryer, use nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Portobello Mushrooms: Love larger mushrooms like portobello mushrooms? Slice the mushrooms then cut them in half for the perfect size. Cooking levels are more consistent when the veggies are chopped evenly.
- Add Parmesan: garlic and parmesan go hand-in-hand, you can sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese over the top of your dish for next level flavor.
- Swap the garlic butter for olive oil or avocado oil: if you want to keep things a bit simple, you can make basic mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper. You can even season it to taste with things like garlic powder and mixed herb seasoning.
Store extra garlic mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipes to Enjoy this With
Air-fried mushrooms are so easy to make. The rich flavors elevate any meal whether you use them as a separate side dish or as a topping for meat or even my cauliflower mashed potatoes!
After you taste how delicious these mushrooms are, no doubt you’ll be looking for more air fryer veggie recipes for your family’s busy schedule.
Some of my favorite recipes are:
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Roasted Garlic Air Fryer Mushrooms
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the garlic butter, mushrooms and sea salt to a large bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix to incorporate it.
- Add air fryer parchment paper liners to your air fryer basket. Place the mushrooms on top.
- Air fry the mushrooms at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir halfway through.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!