This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
My Keto Parmesan Garlic Bread Bites are like the Domino’s classic without all of the carbs. Using a modified fathead pizza dough, these are the perfect keto side dish for Italian food and a great option to dunk in marinara sauce. Ready in about 30 minutes.
Why Make Keto Garlic Bread Bites
Inspired by Domino’s Parmesan Bread Bites
My keto parmesan garlic bread bites are inspired by the taste of Domino’s Parmesan Bread Bites.
The Parmesan Bread Bites are admittedly delicious, but there is a major problem with Domino’s recipe if you are following a keto or low carb diet.
Domino’s Parmesan Bread Bites contain 27 grams of net carbs per serving, which for most, is more than a full day of what’s allowed.
But, I adore those, so I came up with a keto recipe to provide me (and you) with a low carb option.
Ingredients in Keto Garlic Bread
Even though my keto parmesan garlic bread bites add in a few extra ingredients, there’s not much too it.
Garlic Bread Dough
To start, the dough has the traditional 5 ingredients (mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, baking powder, almond flour, and eggs).
But I also use:
- Parmesan cheese so the flavor is baked into the bread
- Garlic powder – again, garlic flavor baked right into the dough
- Italian seasonings
- Psyllium husk – this gives the bread bites and my keto bagels a chewier feel
- Butter: I use unsalted melted butter
- Parmesan cheese: I’m using fresh grated parmesan
- Parsley: Fresh or ground parsley work in this recipe
How to make Keto Garlic Bread Bites
Make the Dough
The first step to making my copycat Domino’s garlic parmesan bread bites is to make fathead dough.
This process is quite easy:
- Melt the cheeses in the microwave: I tend to heat these in 45 second rounds and stir so that the cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Add remaining dough ingredients
- Mix until incorporated: the cheeses and flour will look like a solid dough ball
- Chill and shape the dough: I leave the dough in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to allow the dough to firm up a bit before shaping it into the bites and baking
Bake & Add Sauce
While the Keto Garlic Bread Bites bake:
- Make the sauce by whisking it in a bowl
- Top the garlic knots
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
Keto Garlic Breadsticks
Once you make the fathead dough in this recipe, you can shape it anyway you want!
I like to make them into more bite size pieces.
To do this, I form the dough into 12-24 balls (see my note about serving size below) before baking them on a cookie sheet.
But you could easily roll the dough out a bit. And once rolled, you can slice the dough into several stick shapes and bake as breadsticks.
You may need to adjust your cooking time to avoid burning or over cooking the keto garlic breadsticks.
Tips for storing & reheating these
Keto parmesan garlic bread bites are best served hot from the oven.
If you don’t eat them all when fresh, that’s OK!
You can save the keto parmesan garlic bread bites for up to four days. If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
When you are ready to eat the bread bites again, you should warm them in the microwave for a few seconds. This will make them taste fresh from the oven again.
Serving Size in Parmesan Garlic Bread Bites
If you’ve had Domino’s Parmesan Bites, and tried to search for the serving size, then you know it’s hard to find. So, in this recipe, I want to make the serving size clear.
When I’m having this with a salad, I tend to make 12. These come out slightly smaller than a biscuit. In this case, one serving is one of the Garlic Parmesan Biscuits.
When making these the same size as the ones from Domino’s then I make 24. These come out more like small bites. In that case, the serving size is 2. You should know that these spread while cooking so don’t let the small size of these fool you.
Recipes to have with Keto Garlic Bread Bites With
Keto parmesan garlic bread bites are an excellent option to serve with many different meal ideas.
Here are some of my favorite pairings:
- Keto Tomato Soup
- BLT Avocado Ranch Salad
- Keto Chicken Caesar Salad with my Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Low Carb Soup Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Easy Keto Parmesan Garlic Bread Bites
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Keto Garlic Bread Dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix almond flour with baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and psyllium husk. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella, parmesan and cream cheese to a large microwave safe mixing bowl
- Heat the cheeses in the microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and use a mixing spatula to incorporate
- Heat the cheese mixture again for another 45 seconds & mix to incorporate
- Add the almond flour mixture and the eggs to the cheese mixture. Mix until well incorporated and a ball of dough forms.
- Cover the ball of dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes. This allows the dough to firm up a bit more and cool down.
- Split the dough into 12 balls. Add the dough balls to a lined baking sheet.
- Cook the bites for 15 minutes or until the tops of the are golden
- Mix the Garlic Parmesan Topping. Toss the bites in the topping and serve.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!