This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Make juicy, crispy-skinned brats in the air fryer with this quick Air Fryer Brats tutorial. It takes less than 20 minutes and pairs well with air fryer vegetables like my air fryer roasted broccoli or air fryer brussels sprouts. Alternatively, you could add these to my keto gravy and cauliflower mash for an easy low-carb comfort food meal.
Why Make This:
- No-fuss: simply cook the bratswurst sausages until they are browned
- Quick meal starter: use this as the main protein for any meal since it goes with an endless amount of side dishes
- Bratwurst Sausage: I’m using the raw and uncooked kind that you can pick up from the meat department.
- Avocado Oil Spray: this is completely optional and helps with browning
How to Make Brats in the Air Fryer
- Add the brats to your air fryer in an even layer
- Cook until the sausages are browned and 160 degrees internally
Recipes to Enjoy this with:
The possibilities for making a meal with these are endless. Here are a few low-carb ideas:
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs:
How long do you have to cook brats in an air fryer?
In my air fryer, the sausages were cooked within 14 minutes (7 minutes per side). However, adding 1-2 additional minutes per side helped them to have extra browned skin.
Do you need to flip the sausages?
Flipping the sausage helps them to brown evenly. However, you don’t need to flip them since the air fryer circulates the heat around the complete sausage.
Should you spray the sausages?
I tried this recipe by spraying the sausages with avocado oil before cooking them. I’ve found that it helps the sausages brown quicker. But, It’s not necessary since the fats in the sausage tend to bubble up and encourage browning without any extra oils anyway.
More Sausage Recipes
- Air Fryer Italian Sausages: this one includes sausages as well as peppers. You should feel free to use your brats with this recipe if you want more of a meal as to a single protein.
- Keto Italian Sausage Meatballs
- Crustless Pizza Casserole
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausages
- Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Brats
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 19 oz Brats, uncooked
- Add the bratwurst to the air fryer cooking basket in an even layer
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7-8 minutes per side, or until the sausage is browned enough for you and has an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!