This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Air Fryer Italian Sausage recipe is the perfect meal starter. It takes less than 20 minutes in the air fryer and includes vegetables that are practically sauteed in sausage drippings. Make this when you need something quick for lunch or dinner. Can include pork, chicken, or turkey Italian sausages that you can pick up from your local market.
Why Make These
- Easy Meal Starter: If you’re looking for an easy main protein, these Italian Sausages with vegetables are it. You can pair it with my keto gravy and cauliflower mash. Or, you can enjoy it with your favorite roll.
- Simple & Delicious: this requires just a few spices and the vegetables are practically cooked in sausage drippings!
- Italian Sausages: I’m using raw, uncooked Italian sausages that come from my local market’s meat department. You can use mild or hot, depending on your preferences. This would also work well with raw, uncooked chicken Italian sausages
- Vegetables: I chose to use red onions and tri-colored bell peppers. But, you could also use other easy to prepare veggies like squash or zucchini.
- Spices: Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
How to Make Sausages in an Air Fryer
The best way to learn how to make air fryer sausages is to watch the post video. But, here are the general steps:
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and spices
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Top the vegetables with the sausages
- Cook until the sausages are browned enough for you and 160 degrees (if using a meat thermometer).
Top Tips & Cooking FAQs
- Browning requires additional time: You’ll notice that it doesn’t take very long to cook sausages in an air fryer. However, just because the sausages are technically cooked, it doesn’t mean that they are browned. To get sausages that are browned, you’ll have to add additional cooking time.
- Swap the vegetables: You can pair these Italian sausages with any vegetable that is easily sauteed without changing the recipe. Some examples are zucchini and squash. If you want to use root vegetables or harder to cook vegetables like brussel sprouts, I’d recommend giving them a 5-10 minute head start.
- Use poultry if you don’t eat pork: Most markets carry chicken and turkey Italian sausage. Feel free to swap those for the pork version.
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
- Air Fryer Brats
- Sausage Patties in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
- Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Toss the vegetables in the olive oil and seasonings
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer cooking basket
- Add the sausages to the top of the vegetables
- Cook at 390 degrees for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on how browned you'd like your sausages to be.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!