This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Italian Sausage recipe is the perfect meal starter. It requires a cook time of less than 20 minutes in the air fryer and includes vegetables that are practically sautéed in sausage drippings. Make this delicious meal when you need something quick for lunch or dinner.
Why Make Ninja Foodi Italian Sausage
- Easy Meal Starter: If you’re looking for an easy way to have a quick, main protein, then these Italian Sausages with vegetables are it. This easy recipe is perfect to have as breakfast sausages (like Italian sausage links), an easy meal for lunch, or an easy dinner. You can pair this juicy sausage dish with my keto gravy and cauliflower mash. Or, another great option is you can enjoy it with your favorite low-carb hoagie roll or hot dog buns.
- Simple & Delicious: this requires just a few spices and the best part is that the vegetables are practically cooked in the excess grease from the sausage drippings! By far, this will become one of your favorite air fryer recipes!
- Versatile: this Ninja Foodi Italian sausages recipe can use pork, chicken, or turkey Italian sausages that you can pick up from your local market.
Making Italian sausage in your Ninja Foodi doesn’t require much. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Italian Sausages: I’m using raw, uncooked Italian sausages that come from my local market’s meat department. You can use mild Italian sausage, sweet Italian sausage, or hot Italian sausage, depending on the type of sausage you prefer. While Italian sausages are typically pork sausage, this would also work well with raw, uncooked chicken Italian sausages or uncooked turkey Italian sausage.
- Vegetables: I chose to use red onions and tri-colored bell peppers (essentially air fryer onions and air fryer peppers). But, you could also use other easy-to-prepare veggies like squash or zucchini.
- Spices: Italian Seasoning, salt, and black pepper
- Olive Oil
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Italian Sausages in an Air Fryer
The best way to learn how to make Italian sausage in the Ninja Foodi air fryer is to watch the post video.
But, here are the general steps:
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and spices
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer basket.
- Top the vegetables with the uncooked sausages in a single layer for even cooking. Optional: add parchment paper to the basket of the air fryer to help you reduce the mess and maintain a clean air fryer.
- Cook until the sausages are browned enough for you and 160 degrees (if using a meat thermometer).
Top Tips & Cooking FAQs
- Browning requires additional time: You’ll notice that it doesn’t take very long to cook sausages in an air fryer. However, just because the sausages are technically cooked, it doesn’t mean that they are browned. To get sausages that are browned, you’ll have to add additional cooking time.
- Swap the vegetables: You can pair these Italian sausages with any vegetable that is easily sauteed without changing the recipe. Some examples are zucchini and squash. If you want to use root vegetables or harder to cook vegetables like Brussels sprouts, I’d recommend giving them a 5-10 minute head start.
- Use poultry if you don’t eat pork: Most markets carry chicken and turkey Italian sausage. Feel free to swap those for the pork version.
How to store leftover Italian sausage
If you have leftover sausage from this air fryer sausage recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for the next day (up to 5 days). You can also wrap them up tight in aluminum foil.
More Sausage in the Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Air Fryer Brats
- Sausage Patties in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
- Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Toss the vegetables in the olive oil and seasonings
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer cooking basket
- Add the sausages to the top of the vegetables
- Cook at 390 degrees for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on how browned you'd like your sausages to be.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!