This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash recipe is super easy to make. It has a rich, creamy texture that satisfies my mashed potato cravings. Enjoy this with popular recipes on the site like my pot roast and gravy. Perfect if you’re looking for things like keto mashed potatoes or low-carb cauliflower mash. Enjoy this with a pat of butter or loaded with shredded cheddar and pieces of crispy air fryer bacon!
Why Make This:
- Low-carb and keto alternative to regular mashed potatoes
- Tastes delicious and a kid-approved recipe
- 5g net carbs per serving compared to 20g net carbs
Ingredients in Keto Mashed Cauliflower
Mashed cauliflower has a lot of the same ingredients that traditional mashed potatoes do. But, because it uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, it has about 5g net carbs per serving.
The ingredients you’ll need for keto mashed cauliflower include:
- Olive oil
- fresh cloves of garlic
- Herbes de Provence or 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning
- Sea Salt
- black pepper
- heavy whipping cream
- melted butter
- softened cream cheese
How to Make Cauliflower Mash
One of the best things about this keto-friendly roasted garlic mashed cauliflower is that it is about as easy to make as mashed potatoes. In fact, in some ways, it’s actually easier since you don’t need to dice or peel the cauliflower before cooking it.
This recipe has a few simple steps:
- Toss the cauliflower in olive oil and spices
- Oven Roast or Air Fry the Cauliflower
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor
- Pulse until it resembles mashed potatoes
Top Tips & Cooking FAQs
- Add more or less heavy cream to get your desired consistency
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes per side if you don’t have an air fryer
- Make these “loaded” by topping them with shredded cheddar cheese and pieces of air fryer bacon
Can you eat mashed potatoes on keto?
Keto isn’t a food, but a metabolic state. So, many keto people opt out of eating certain foods to stay in ketosis. A cup of potatoes has about 20g of carbs. Since most people following a strict keto way of eating aim for 20g net carbs per day, mashed potatoes doesn’t fit. With that in mind, that’s why I made this recipe.
Making These Ahead & Storage
Just like mashed potatoes, you can make this ahead of time and reheat. I often make it with my Pressure Cooker Roast which feeds my family for two days. We reheat the roast and mashed cauliflower in microwave the next day.
If you are preparing it ahead or have left overs, place the mashed cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge. You can store it for a few days if needed.
Can you freeze keto mashed potatoes?
Though you can definitely make mashed cauliflower a few hours or even a day or two ahead if you needed, I don’t recommend freezing it. Mashed potatoes have a lot of starch, which helps them freeze better. But, cauliflower has a lot of liquid in it, which can alter the taste and texture of the mashed cauliflower if frozen.
Recipes to Serve this with
Mashed cauliflower goes with anything that mashed potatoes goes with. Some of my favorite pairings include:
- Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast
- Pressure Cooker Roast
- Keto Gravy
- Sautéed String Beans
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 24 oz cauliflower, I buy these in a bag, pre-cut
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning (Salt-free)
- 1 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, 1/8 tsp is just a dash of black pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, add 1/4 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Roast the Cauliflower & Garlic
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the olive oil, herb seasoning, sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast them in the your air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the air fryer and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
Make Cauliflower Mash
- Add the roasted cauliflower and garlic as well as remaining ingredients to a blender
- Blend until incorporated and creamy
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!