This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Manage one less pan on the stove during breakfast with this easy Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage tutorial. It takes about 10 minutes to get perfectly browned sausages and requires you to just spread them out evenly in your air fryer cooking basket. Enjoy these with popular recipes on the blog like my keto pancakes.
Why Make These
- Fewer things to manage at breakfast: If you make breakfast for a family or multiple people, managing all the components can get a bit hectic. Since air fryer breakfast sausage only need to be turned once, this tutorial helps you focus on other parts of the meal.
- Easy: simply place the sausages on an even layer and cook. No oils or seasoning necessary.
- Breakfast Sausage Links: I used a 12oz package of sausage links that included about 14 links. These were uncooked and thawed.
- Avocado Oil Spray: as I mentioned in my air fryer brats post, this spray is optional. It helps the sausages brown just a tad quicker. But, you’ll be able to still brown your sausages without it.
How to Make Breakfast Sausages in an Air Fryer
- Add the sausages in an even layer in the cooking basket of your favorite air fryer (you can grab my favorite air fryer here)
- Cook until they reach 160 degrees and they are browned enough for you.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
Raw Breakfast Sausage vs. Previously Cooked
I’m using raw, fresh breakfast sausage links. If you purchase sausage links that are previously cooked, then the time to cook them depends on how brown you’d like them to be.
I recommend setting the air fryer temperature to 390 degrees and cooking them at 2-3 minutes per side. Then, decide whether or not you’d like to cook them longer to brown.
Can You Cook Breakfast Sausages from Frozen?
While it might be tempting to cook these breakfast sausages from frozen, it’s not a good idea.
First, the food package recommends thawing out the meat before cooking it.
Second, when you cook frozen meat, it tends to cook unevenly. For food safety reasons, you should not cook ground meat (sausages are a ground meat mixture) from frozen as it is critically important for the meat to cook evenly to the recommended internal temperature.
How Long to Cook Breakfast Sausages in the Air Fryer?
Depends on preferences.
The sausages are technically cooked once they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. This takes about 10 minutes total or 5 minutes per side.
But, they aren’t browned then. Since we eat with our eyes first, I tend to cook mine longer.
Recipes to Enjoy with These
More High Protein Breakfast Options:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 12 oz Breakfast Sausage, uncooked
- Add the breakfast sausage to the air fryer cooking basket in an even layer
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5-8 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!