This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Use this video tutorial to learn how to make sausage patties in an air fryer. You’ll find tips for cooking raw patties as well as the pre-cooked (brown and serve) frozen type. These are ready in as little as 10 minutes. Watch the post video to see how the patties are browned after cooking for 6, 7, and 8 minutes per side.
Why Make These
- No fuss: just add them in an even layer to your favorite air fryer and cook
- High protein, zero carb meal companion: use these as a zero-carb add-on for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Maximize use of your air fryer: now that you have an air fryer, you should use it. This is a fun way to branch off from air fryer wings and cook something different.
Sausage Patties: I purchased these raw from my local meat department as a 12oz package. There were 8 sausage patties. All of them fit in an even layer in my air fryer.
Note: If you have links, you can use my air fryer sausage links tutorial.
How to Make Sausage Patties in an Air Fryer
- Add the sausages to your air fryer cooking basket in an even layer
- Cook until the sausages reach 160 degrees (if using a meat thermometer) and are browned enough for you.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Add additional time for more browning: your sausages will be cooked long before they are browned. And, if you’re like me, then you probably like them to look a little charred on the outside. One benefit of the Foodi is that you can always add more time and pop open the lid to check on your food. I opted to cook them for 6 minutes per side.
- Thaw your sausage patties before cooking: this ensure that they cook to a safe temperature internally
How Long to Cook Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer?
You can view the post video to see how the sausages look at 6, 7, and 8 minutes per side. But, here are some helpful tips.
For raw sausage patties: they were cooked in about 10 minutes (or 5 minutes per side), but you might choose to cook them more to get them browner.
For frozen sausage patties that come pre-cooked (brown and serve sausage patties): you can start by doing 2 minutes per side.
What type of sausage patties work best in the air fryer?
Any sausage patty can be air-fried. But, the time and temperature for this recipe are for raw sausage patties.
I saved time and used prepared patties from my local market. But, this recipe also works for sausage patty recipes like my homemade chicken breakfast sausage.
Can you cook frozen sausage patties in the air fryer?
Only if the sausage patties are pre-cooked. In this case, you are only using the air fryer to heat and brown the sausages. You should not cook raw, frozen sausage patties in the air fryer. You must thaw them out first.
More Sausage Recipes
Here are a few easy recipes for making different types of sausages in the air fryer. You’ll also find a few that use sausages in the ingredients.
Air Fryer Sausage Patties
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 12 oz Sausage Patties, raw, thawed
- Add the sausage patties to the cooking basket in an even layer
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5-8 minutes per side, depending on how browned you'd like them to be. You can view the post video to see how the sausages look at 6, 7, and 8 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!