This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs recipe with four ingredients couldn’t get any easier. It’s perfect for when you want a main dish with the best flavor without the hassle of turning on the oven or even flipping the meat. Enjoy this easy recipe with the perfect side dish, like my keto mushroom risotto or air fryer green beans to make a quick meal.
Why Make This
- 4 ingredients: all you need is chicken thighs, spices, salt, and cooking oil.
- Quick & easy recipe: A great way that I save time and pack on flavor is by using one of my favorite store-bought salt-free herb spice mixes. This boneless chicken thighs recipe just requires you to season the meat and add it to your air fryer. Plus, it has a fast cooking time.
- Great for meal prepping: these taste great for lunch or for the perfect weeknight dinner. Some of my favorite ways to use it are in chicken Caesar salad, as a replacement for deli meat (cold cuts), in chicken dips, and with low carb side dishes like cauliflower mac and cheese or cauliflower pilaf.
- Chicken Thighs: In this recipe, I’m using boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Avocado Oil: For best results, using this helps provide some fat so the chicken does not stick. It also helps the spices stick to the meat. If you don’t have avocado oil, you can use olive oil spray, vegetable oil, canola oil, or any oil that you have available.
- Salt-free Herb Spice: this is one of my favorite all-purpose spices. In one container, you get things like garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, and more. I’ve used it in everything from keto cornbread stuffing to air fryer Italian sausage, roasted air fryer chicken legs, and wings. It’s available at most markets in the spice aisle.
- Sea Salt: I’m using fine sea salt.
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Boneless Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer
The process for cooking these is similar to my dry rub air fryer chicken thighs recipe.
- Add the oil, spices, and raw boneless skinless chicken thighs to a large bowl or ziploc bag. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Once seasoned, place chicken thighs in a single layer at the bottom of your air fryer basket. This allows the hot air to circulate.
- Air fry at 400 degrees until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. You may use a meat thermometer to confirm the internal temperature of the chicken.
Since the meat is skinless, it’s not necessary to flip the meat halfway through.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Salt to Taste: I use 1/2 tsp of sea salt per pound of meat. But, one of the great things about starting with a salt-free spice blend is that you can adjust the salt to your preference. You can use less salt or no salt at all for a low-sodium option.
- Check for doneness at 20 minutes: Depending on the size of the thighs, they might cook in your air fryer quicker than the time stated in the recipe. You can open the lid to begin checking for doneness in around 20 minutes.
- Season ahead for quick no-fuss meals: if you’re doing meal prep, you can add the spices to the meat and cover it with plastic wrap for up to two days before cooking.
- Adjust the spice mix: you can swap the salt-free seasoning blend for things like Italian seasoning and my chicken dry rub.
Storage & Leftovers
If you have leftover chicken thighs, an easy way to store them is in an airtight container, or wrap them up tight in aluminum foil for up to 5 days.
More Recipes to Enjoy this with
You can enjoy these with almost any side dish. Some other options are:
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Air Fryer Radishes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
More Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tsp 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning (Salt-free)
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt, use DRDAVINAHS for 10% off
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Add the herb spice, sea salt, and oil to the bowl with the chicken. Then, evenly coat it with the seasoning and oil
- Add the chicken thighs to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp the chicken thighs at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!
Leave a Reply