This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This super simple Keto Sweet Chili Sauce recipe requires a few ingredients and 15 minutes to make. Use it as a low-carb and sugar-free replacement to the sauce that makes Asian Sticky Wings and Keto Bang Bang Shrimp possible.
Why Make This
I’m a believer in the idea that homemade food is always better than store-bought. And, that’s especially true in this Keto Sweet Chili Sauce recipe.
Besides tasting better than anything you can buy at the store, taking the 15 minutes to make it at home allows you to cut refined sugar.
- Garlic Chili Sauce: you can pick this up in the international foods aisle at your local grocery store. I typically find this right next to the sriracha sauce as it’s made by the same brand.
- Soy Sauce: I’m using soy sauce, but you can replace it as listed in the recipe card for coconut aminos.
- Xanthan Gum: this is my favorite way to thicken sauces. A little goes a long way. If you’d like to use beef bone broth collagen or unflavored bone broth collagen, you can use two scoops of it instead.
- Keto Brown Sugar: this has a richer flavor than regular keto sweetener. However, you can substitute it for the granular or powdered versions of the keto sweetener you use.
How to Make It
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together (photos 1-2).
Pour the sauce into a pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or until it is thick enough for you (photos 3-4).
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Storage: you can store keto sweet chili sauce in a glass jar for up to one week.
- Collagen: if you’re using collagen a scoop is about 1 tablespoon. So, you would need two tablespoons to replace the Xanthan Gum in this recipe.
This sauce will thicken the longer that it cooks. So, if your sauce gets too thick (I’ll admit I forgot about my sauce on the stove once), you can thin it out with water. Just add a tablespoon of water at a time until it returns to a consistency that you enjoy!
More Keto-friendly Sauce Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Easy Keto & Low Carb Sweet Chili Sauce
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1/4 cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum, or 2 scoops Beef Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Keto Brown Sugar Replacement, or Monk Fruit Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce, add up to 1 tbsp more for added spicy kick
- 1 tsp pure sesame oil, optional
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until all ingredients are fully incorporated. If you are using Bone Broth Collagen it will be lumpy at first but just keep whisking.
- Heat a sauce pan to medium heat
- Cook the sauce uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool. As the sauce cools, it will thicken the sauce.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!