This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Make this Keto Blueberry Sauce for your low carb blueberry cheesecake or keto pancakes. Using just 4 simple ingredients, it’s perfect for your next sweet treat!
Why Make Sugar Free Blueberry Sauce
As a cheesecake lover, I tend to make a lot of keto-friendly sauces to top my homemade cheesecakes with.
I originally topped my Keto Lemon Cheesecake with this, but soon realized this sugar-free blueberry sauce deserves a stand-alone recipe.
Here are a few reasons why you should make this delicious low carb blueberry sauce, and add it on top of your favorite keto desserts like keto cheesecake:
- Tastes better: Homemade blueberry sauce tastes better than a traditional blueberry sauce that you can pick up from the store, which typically has added sugar and artificial sweeteners. It has a much bolder flavor since it is filled with all-natural ingredients, which is perfect for blueberry lovers.
- Easy: It’s super easy to make, only taking just a few minutes and one pan.
- Low-carb: Blueberry pie filling from the grocery store has at least 24 grams of carbs per serving. My sugar-free blueberry compote recipe has fewer carbs. Plus, it uses a gluten-free sauce thickener and sugar-free sweetener that only has 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
This is an easy and sweet 4-ingredient sauce. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Blueberries: I use frozen blueberries for this recipe.
- Keto Granular Sweetener: My favorite sweetener of choice is the monk fruit blend.
- Lemon Juice
- Xanthan Gum: This helps to thicken the sauce. In this recipe, I use it in the same way that I would have used cornstarch, a xanthan gum substitute.
How to Make Sugar-free Blueberry Sauce
- Begin with adding all of the ingredients to a small saucepan.
- For best results, cook on medium heat until it thickens – this step takes about 10 minutes. You can top your low carb cheesecake or other desserts with the blueberry sauce once it’s cool.
Top Tips and FAQs
If you want an extra burst of flavor for your sweet tooth, here are some delicious ways to achieve that:
- Try adding a few fresh blueberries. You could purchase those from the grocery store, farmer markets, or even blueberry farms like your local u-pick blueberry farm.
- You can also add some lemon zest on top before serving.
How to Store Leftover Keto Blueberry Compote
If you have any leftovers from this keto blueberry sauce recipe, the best way to store it is in an airtight container like a glass jar for next time (up to 5 days in your refrigerator). If you want to freeze leftovers, be sure to place it in a freezer bag.
Carbs in Blueberries
Blueberries are widely regarded as a superfood, with tons of health benefits to them. They are also low-carb. In fact, a half-cup of blueberries has 12 grams of net carbs.
In this delicious recipe, I’m using 2 cups of blueberries to make about 2 cups of sauce. Each serving has less than 2g net carbs.
What to Use Sugar-free Blueberry Sauce With
I originally posted this sauce along with my Keto Lemon Cheesecake recipe, which is absolutely divine. But, this keto blueberry sauce is also great with my homemade almond flour waffles, keto pancakes, or inside my Keto Vanilla Milkshake.
That said, feel free to use this recipe to top your easy keto blueberry cheesecake, low carb pancakes, low-carb ice cream, and more delicious keto desserts.
You might also use this as a variation to any recipe on the site that uses my strawberry sauce. For example, this would pair well with my pound cake in low-carb strawberry shortcake.
Another option would be to use it as a topping on the final product for any of these keto baking mixes.
The options are really endless & whatever you want to top, this sauce will be an amazing addition.
More Cheesecake Sauce & Topping Recipes
Keto Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all of the ingredients for the blueberry compote topping to a saucepan
- Cook on medium heat until it thickens (~10 minutes)
- You can use the blueberry sauce to top cheesecakes, pancakes & waffles once it's cool.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!