This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
When I need to go to the market, I find that I get really creative in the kitchen. Since I only have a few ingredients and we love to eat great food, these times force me to make the most out of what I have left. This Breakfast Taco Bowl is one of those meals. It’s a keto breakfast recipe that includes just 4 main ingredients: sunny side up eggs, ground beef, taco seasoning, and a can of tomatoes. Even though I kept this super simple, you can add other toppings, depending on what you have available.
What keto & low carb toppings taste good with this Breakfast Taco Bowl?
Similar to when you take a trip to Moe’s or Chipotle, you can really build your own bowl. Some toppings that would work great with this bowl are:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh or Pickled Vegetables like jalapenos and onions
- Fajita Vegetables
- Full-fat sour cream
- Tajin Seasoning
I kept this recipe simple by purchasing Taco seasoning, but if you want a homemade recipe then try my homemade Keto Taco Seasoning instead.
Love Mexican Style Food? Check out these:
Breakfast Taco Bowl
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Heat a medium-sized skillet to medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil into the pan.
- Add the onions to the pan and sautee them until they are translucent
- Add the ground beef to the pan and brown it
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the packet of Taco Seasoning. Continue to cook until the tomatoes, seasonings, and meat are warm and incorporated.
- Heat a griddle pan or skillet to medium-high heat
- Drizzle the remaining tbsp of Olive Oil into the pan
- Open the eggs over the pan one at a time. Be gentle so as not to break the yolks.
- Cook the eggs until the yolk is warm to the touch (~5 minutes)
- Add the fried eggs to the top of the taco meat
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!