This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Keto Lemon Pound Cake includes all the bright flavor of lemons with a Sugar-free White Chocolate Lemon Glaze. It’s perfect for those who want a low-carb alternative to things like Starbuck’s lemon loaf! Enjoy this as an on-the-go snack, a breakfast option with tea, or a light dessert.
Why Make This
- Cuts carbs: by using a keto-friendly sugar substitute and grain-free flours
- Tasty twists: this lemon cake includes browned butter vanilla pound cake as well as my white chocolate lemon glaze.
- Easy: as you may or may not know, I prefer cooking. So, this is the perfect cake for people who want something sweet and don’t normally bake. The post even includes a video tutorial!
- Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, and Xanthan Gum: these three ingredients work together to give the cake structure. They were tested together in this recipe and need to be used together.
- Keto Sweetener: I’m using a 1:1 sugar substitute. The powdered or granular versions work well.
- Lemon Juice & Lemon Zest: I’m using the juice and zest of fresh lemons. I prefer to use fresh lemons over lemon extract because it packs a huge flavor without added ingredients like sugar, preservatives and/or alcohols.
- Browned Butter: I add the required amount of butter to a saucepan and cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes. It turns a amber color and adds so much flavor
White Chocolate Lemon Glaze
- Sugar-free White Chocolate Chips: these have 1g net carbs per serving. And, depending on the season you can switch things up with their Strawberry White Chocolate variety.
- Coconut Oil: You can use regular coconut oil or MCT Oil.
How to Make This
Keto Lemon Pound Cake
Mix the dry ingredients (photo 1).
Mix the wet ingredients (photo 2). As mentioned in my low carb strawberry shortcake post, I add the eggs last. This allows me to thoroughly mix the wet ingredients without over-mixing the eggs.
Use the stir function to combine the wet and dry ingredients (photo 3).
Add the batter to a loaf pan (photo 4).
White Chocolate Lemon Glaze
Add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl (photo 1).
Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds (photo 2).
Add lemon juice (photo 3).
Stir the mixture until the chips are completely melted. You may need to add an additional 15 seconds in the microwave (photo 4).
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Use lemon extract when in a pinch: if you don’t have fresh lemons, feel free to substitute the lemon zest and lemon juice for lemon extract. 1 teaspoon of lemon extract is usually the rule for substituting two tablespoons of lemon juice and zest.
- Adjust the cook times based on the pan used: you can make lemon pound cake muffins or mini cakes depending on the pan that you use. For smaller pans, start with 20-25 minutes.
- The top of the cake will be more browned than regular flour cakes: however, the cake is not overcooked. Ensure that your toothpick comes out clean and that the center is set (and not jiggly).
More Keto & Low-carb Cake Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Lemon Pound Cake
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Cake Dry Ingredients
Cake Wet Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted – I made browned browned butter by adding the butter a pan & cooking it on medium heat until it browned (~5 minutes)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, the juice of about 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest, the zest of about 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs, or 5 medium eggs, I add these last after the other wet ingredients are incorporated
For the Keto Lemon Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl or stand mixer
- Mix all wet ingredients, except the eggs, in a stand mixer or mixing bowl. I add the eggs last after the other wet ingredients are incorporated.
- Use a rubber spatula or the stir function on the stand mixer to incorporate dry ingredients and the wet ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a non-stick loaf pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes
For the Sugar-free White Chocolate Lemon Glaze:
- Add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl.
- Heat the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and stir until the chocolate is melted and the glaze is fully incorporated. If the mixture does not incorporate easily, heat the bowl in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Top the lemon pound cake with the glaze & enjoy!
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!