This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
If you’re looking for a southern-style Keto Potato Salad recipe without cauliflower then you’ve come to the right place. This radish recipe is super easy and the perfect keto side dish for bbq. I was inspired by the famous Patti LaBelle Potato Salad. But, I used a few easy swaps and my preferences to make it low-carb and keto-friendly. Enjoy this with my air fryer bbq chicken wings, pulled pork, or keto bbq ribs to make a meal.
Why Make This
- No Cauliflower: cauliflower is a staple for low-carb life. In fact, I share a ton of cauliflower rice recipes and cauliflower recipes on the site. Even though I had high hopes for it, I couldn’t move past the texture of it for potato salad. So, this southern-style keto potato salad recipe uses radishes, which look and feel like potatoes as you eat them.
- Easy: This recipe has a lot of spices and diced vegetables. And, besides the 5-minute prep, this keto side dish has just two main steps.
- Radishes: I got two bunches of these, removed the leaves, rinsed them, trimmed the tops and bottoms off, and cut them into halves and quarters (depending on the size).
- Eggs: these are hard boiled and diced. You can skip boiling them on the stove by making hard boiled eggs in your air fryer.
- Yellow Onion: These are thinly diced.
- Green Bell Pepper: These are also thinly diced.
- Celery: Thinly sliced
- Celery Seed: this gives more celery flavor without adding more chopped celery.
- Mayonnaise: I’m using full-fat mayo.
- Yellow mustard: I’m using standard prepared mustard.
- Dill Pickle Relish: dill pickle relish comes jarred and the benefit of it over sweet jarred relish is that it doesn’t include sugar.
- Sea Salt: I’m using fine grain sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Sweetener: Your preferred granular keto sugar replacement works. I’m using this since sweet relish tends to add sweetness to salads such as this one.
- Paprika: I’m using smoked paprika to sprinkle over the top of the completed potato salad. It also gives it a hint of smoked flavor.
How to Make Keto Radish Potato Salad
- Add the radishes to a microwave steamer bowl or steamer insert. Steam the radishes until they become fork tender. Remove the radishes from the steamer and allow them to cool.
- Add the radishes to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Top with dashes of paprika and sliced green onions.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Thinly Dice: The flavor of raw veggies like bell peppers, onions, and celery are a must-have in potato salad. But, I’m weird in that I don’t want to actually chew them! So, I often dice and chop these as thin as possible so they are there without having chunks in each bite of the finished dish
- Swap Yellow Onions for Red: You can swap yellow onions for red onion if you wish. Red onions have a milder flavor.
Each serving of this potato salad is about 6g net carbs, but what I love about it is that the carbs are mostly from fresh vegetables.
You can replace potatoes with cauliflower and radishes.
Potatoes are a high carb vegetable. So, most people on keto do not eat potatoes as it would cause them to quickly eat more than 20g of net carbs per day.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
More Keto Cold Salad Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Potato Salad
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 24 oz Radishes, leaves removed, rinsed with the tops and bottoms trimmed. Cut them into halves or quarters, depending on the size
- 5 large Eggs, hard boiled, diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, thinly diced
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, green ,thinly diced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp celery seeds
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard, prepared
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish, or finely chop a few dill pickle spears
- 1 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt, fine
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Granular Monk Fruit Erythritol,
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika, for sprinkling over the top of the finished dish
- Add the radishes to a microwave steamer bowl or steamer insert. I add 3 tbsp of water to the microwave steamer bowl. If using a pot and steamer insert, then you’ll have to follow those directions.
- Steam the radishes for 2 ½ to 3 minutes in the microwave insert – this will allow the radishes to become fork tender.
- Remove the radishes from the steamer and allow them to cool.
- Add the radishes to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with dashes of paprika and sliced green onions.
- Store in the “potato salad” in the refrigerator.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!