This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
I’ll be the first to admit that a lot of my recipes for chicken wings are inspired by trips to Buffalo Wild Wings. My Garlic Parmesan Wings and Buffalo Wings where I added ghost pepper chilis to come close to Blazin’ are just a few BDubz inspired dishes. Like those wing recipes, Thai Curry Wings are one of my favorites.
When I had the Thai Curry Wings, I immediately knew that I’d have to make them at home. We eat lots of chicken wings in my house and going to BDubz each week can add up quickly.
This recipe is super simple: cook the wings in the oven then toss them in the sauce.
How do you make Thai Red Curry Wings?
I’m making these wings using the technique that I shared in my Oven Fried Chicken Wing recipe. This technique is a guaranteed way to get crispy wings in the oven.
You are welcome to fry these wings as they do at BDubz, but I prefer to pop my wings in the oven so that I can focus on preparing vegetables or side dishes without having to “watch” the meat cook in a fryer.
After crisping these up in the oven, I top the wings with Thai Curry sauce right before I’m ready to eat. I find that tossing the wings in sauce right before eating is the best way to have crispy, saucy wings.
What’s in Thai Red Curry Sauce?
This recipe uses one of my favorite Thai Red Curry Pastes, coconut milk, a keto-friendly brown sugar substitute, and fish sauce.
Why not make your own Thai red curry paste?
The short simple answer is that it’s definitely more efficient to use the store brought version.
The red curry paste that I’m using in this recipe comes without added sugar. It contains only 8 ingredients.
It also tastes great and features flavors like ginger, lemongrass, and lime!
Where can I get these ingredients?
You can get most of these ingredients from Amazon as I did, but they are also available in some markets in the international aisle.
If you want some other ways to use many of these ingredients, then check out my Indian Shrimp Curry Recipe.
How do you make these in an air fryer?
You can use the chicken setting on your favorite air fryer (mine is 400 degrees). Simply season the meat as stated in the directions, and cook them for 20 minutes per side.
I find that 20 minutes per side is enough for crispy wings. Some people do 15 minutes.
Love saucy wings? Check out 10 Finger-Lickin’ Good Keto Chicken Wing Recipes!
- Preheat the oven to 440 degrees
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat
- Place the wings in a flat layer on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake the wings for 20-25 minutes per side.
- While the wings are cooking: Add all of the ingredients for the Thai Red Curry sauce to a small saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 15 minutes (the sauce will thicken). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately. You can top them with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Recipe Nutrition Facts