This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy a twist on regular hot wings with this easy, keto-friendly & low-carb Honey Sriracha Wings recipe. It includes a sugar-free substitute for honey as well as directions to bake wings in the oven or make chicken wings in an air fryer.
What Makes These Wings Awesome
If you’ve ever had regular Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings, then you know they’re awesome because they give the heat of hot wings, along with the combo of sweet & savory.
But, if you’re trying to cut sugar from your meals or follow a low-carb way of eating, the honey in the recipe makes them a bit of a no-go.
In this dish, I’m using ChocZero Sugar-free Caramel Syrup as a 1g net carb replacement for honey. This simple swap gives all the flavor of honey without the sugar.
This recipe has two main parts: Crispy Chicken Wings and Honey Sriracha Sauce. So, you’ll need to two sets of ingredients.
To make the crispy chicken wings, you’ll need the spices below as well as chicken wings:
For the honey sriracha sauce, you’ll need to gather, these four ingredients:
How to Make These Wings
Gather your chicken wings and spices. Mix the spices in a small bowl (photos 1 & 2).
Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on your chicken wings and toss them to coat (photos 3 & 4).
Making the sauce requires you to just mix them in a bowl. I always set it aside until after the wings are cooked.
My Top Cooking Tips & Recipe FAQs
- Oven or Air Fryer: I choose the air fryer when I’m short on time (with my recipe it takes just 30 minutes). I go for the oven when I want to make enough for a crowd since there’s more space on the baking sheet.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: If you don’t have this in your pantry, you can also substitute it for lime juice.
- Baking Powder: This causes a reaction when heated that allows the chicken wing skin to rise and cook faster than the rest of the meat. So, I don’t substitute it or omit it when I want crispy and saucy chicken wings.
A tablespoon of honey has about 20g of net carbs. So, it will most likely knock anyone out of ketosis. This is why I’m using a honey substitute in this recipe. It has 1g net carbs.
Sriracha has about 1g net carbs per serving. So, for most, it fits within daily macros. If you are following Whole30, you should pick up a Whole30 compliant brand.
No. They are not the same. If you don’t have baking powder, you can omit it and increase the cook time for some crunch, but it will not be as crispy.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Chicken Wing Seasoning
Keto “Honey” Sriracha Sauce
- Green Onion, optional, sliced for serving
- sesame seeds , optional, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Mix all of the wing seasonings in a large mixing bowl
- Dry the chicken wings with a paper towel
- Add the wings to the bowl with the seasoning and toss to coat
- Add the wings to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
- Use a tong to flip each wing to their other side. Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until you reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl
- When you are ready to eat, toss the wings in the sauce. Serve immediately to maintain a sticky, crunchy texture
- Top these wings with freshly sliced green onions and/or sesame seeds
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!