This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re looking for an easy Air Fryer Squash recipe that doesn’t have breading and is low-carb and keto, then you’ve come to the right place. This side dish comes together with just 6 ingredients, including yellow squash and zucchini squash, in 20 minutes. You can make a meal by enjoying them with my air fryer steak, roasted chicken legs, pot roast, air fryer salmon, or Cajun shrimp.
Why Make This
- Keto & Low-carb: Since this air fryer squash does not have any breading, it is keto-friendly and low-carb.
- Quick & easy with simple ingredients: this easy side dish comes together in less than 20 minutes with just 6 ingredients.
- Squash: I’m using a mix of yellow squash and zucchini squash because the combo looks more colorful, but you could use only one type if you wish.
- Avocado Oil: This helps the seasonings and parmesan cheese stick to the zucchini. Plus, helps with the browning process.
- Parmesan Cheese: as mentioned in my air fryer eggplant post, using Parmesan Cheese adds flavor, but is optional.
- 24 Herb Seasoning: this spice mix includes everything from garlic and parsley to thyme and rosemary. It’s an all-around great spice blend that can be picked up from the store and used on everything from vegetables to roasted chicken wings.
- Sea Salt: I’m using this to sweat the zucchini quickly, but it also adds flavor.
How to Make Squash in an Air Fryer
- Optional: Sweat the squash on two paper towels to get some moisture out
- Toss the squash in a bowl with oil, spices, and parmesan cheese
- Add the squash to the air fryer cooking basket
- Air Crisp on 400 degrees until browned (flip half way through)
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Serve immediately: air fryer squash is best when served immediately. When it sits, it releases moisture.
- Salt to taste: You don’t have to wipe the salt off the squash before cooking and patting the squash will also remove some of the salt in this recipe. If you’d like to add more salt to taste at the end of the cooking process, you can.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
More Air Fryer Squash Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Squash (No Breading)
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Quick Sweat of the Squash
- Add the chopped squash in a flat layer to the top of two paper towels
- Sprinkle the sea salt across the squash as evenly as possible
- Let the squash sit for 5 minutes to draw out some moisture.
To Air Fry the Squash
- Add the squash, herb seasoning, Parmesan cheese and oil to a bowl. Then, evenly coat the vegetables to coat them
- Add the squash to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!