This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Keto Blue Cheese Dressing recipe is easy and uses real food ingredients. It ditches the bad stuff typically found in store-brought dressings like MSG, artificial flavors, and cornstarch. Plus, it has 0 grams of net carbs per serving. Perfect as a dipping sauce for keto chicken wings or as a salad dressing for BLT avocado or keto chicken cobb salad.
Why Make this at home
Blue Cheese Dressing is easy to find at your local grocery store or online. So, you might be wondering why you should spend the time making this at home.
Here are my top reasons:
- Poor Ingredients in Store-Bought Versions: I started making homemade salad dressing recipes because bottled dressing has a lot of additives and preservations (so it can sit on a shelf for months) as well as things like MSG, cornstarch, and artificial flavors.
- Fresh chunks of blue cheese: bottled dressing just does not compare to your own dressing. If you’re a fan of blue cheese, making homemade salad dressing allows you to add more or less.
- Easy recipe: this creamy dressing takes just a few minutes to make with fresh ingredients.
Bottled dressing can have long lists of ingredients. This simple recipe doesn’t and the best part is that you probably have most on hand.
Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Mayonnaise: I’m using full-fat mayonnaise. Any brand that you prefer works, including avocado mayonnaise.
- Sour Cream: I use full fat. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use greek yogurt.
- Blue Cheese crumbles: I get my crumbled blue cheese from the refrigerated section in my local grocery store
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- Spices: this recipe includes several dry spices like onion powder, garlic powder, ground dry mustard, dried parsley, and black pepper
- Lemon Juice: I use bottled lemon juice, but you can also use fresh lemon juice.
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Blue Cheese Dressing
This homemade dressing recipe takes about 5 minutes to make.
You really just need to measure out the ingredients and dump them into a small mixing bowl (photo 1).
Then, use a small whisk or fork to mix them well (photo 2).
Top Tips & FAQs:
- Mix the dressing in a bowl with a lid if you want to make it ahead or store the remainder when you are done using it
- Let the dressing marinate for a few minutes before serving if you have the time, it helps the flavors really come out
- Use heavy cream or unflavored non-dairy milk (like almond milk) to make this homemade keto blue cheese dressing have a looser consistency.
- For additional tangy flavor: add white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar to taste.
Storage & Leftovers
Store your leftover keto blue cheese dressing in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
How many calories and carbs in blue cheese dressing?
As you might imagine based on the ingredients, this recipe contains good fat and a modest amount of calories per serving.
For a single serving (2 tbsp), there are about:
- 163 calories
- 16g fat
- 1g protein
- 0g net carbs
Is Blue Cheese Dressing Keto?
This depends on how you follow keto. For example, some people focus just on the amount of carbs (which means that most blue cheese dressing is keto since it has just a few carbs).
But, others focus on carbs as well as using unprocessed ingredients. If you focus on ingredients, many store-bought dressings are not keto-friendly. This recipe is meant to provide an easy homemade option with real food and unprocessed ingredients.
Recipes to serve this with
I can’t think of many things that this keto blue cheese dressing recipe won’t pair well with.
But, if you are looking for some great ideas, here are a few of my favorites:
- Keto Buffalo Wings
- Keto Buffalo Shrimp
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- BLT Avocado Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing – just sub the ranch dressing with this recipe
- Keto Chicken Cobb Salad
- Ninja Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
- Spicy Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza
More Keto Condiments
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl, mason jar or airtight container.
- Mix all of the ingredients until incorporated.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!