This post was sponsored by Fat Snax – a company committed to providing delicious, keto & low carb cookies and teas. I only work with brands whose products I use and love! Thank you in advance for supporting the brands that keep Dr. Davinah’s Eats running!
Snickers are some of my favorite candies. However, as I’m sure you know, these are little bites of sugar! Since I love cheesecake (and often make sugar-free cheesecakes), I figured I’d merge these two favorites. This Keto Snickers Cheesecake recipe is everything that I imagined!
What’s in Keto Snickers Cheesecake?
Taking inspiration from the candy, this recipe includes a peanut butter cheesecake that sits on a double chocolate chip cookie crust. I topped it with my recipe for Keto Browned Butter Salted Caramel, a chocolate drizzle, and chopped roasted & salted peanuts.
How do you make the crust?
As you may have noticed in my Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bites, I’m a fan of using FatSnax cookies for cheesecake crusts. To me, they have just the right amount of flavor & crumble for easy, low carb cheesecake cookie crusts!
To make the crust, I simply add the cookies to my food processor with melted salted butter and keto brown sugar. After creating a crumble, I press the mixture into the bottom of my baking pan. Finally, I pre-bake it in the oven so that it’s sturdy enough to hold the cheesecake mixture.
What sweetener do you use to keep this a sugar-free cheesecake?
I get these from Amazon since I have Prime, but you might be able to find these at other health food stores.
Are you using a water bath to make this cheesecake?
Yes! In this recipe, I’m using a water bath. A water bath creates moisture & steam in the oven and ensures that your cheesecake has a super creamy texture.
To cook the cheesecake in a water bath, I used two glass baking pans like these that come with lids. One normal 9×13 and another 6×8 glass pan (this is also the pan that has the cheesecake).
I filled the 9×13 inch halfway with water. Then, I placed the smaller pan inside the larger dish.
You can omit the water bath if you wish, but I don’t recommend this because:
- It takes little effort to fill a larger pan with water
- If you’re going to make this, why not have it be the creamiest ever!?
What can I use for the toppings?
This Keto Snickers Cheesecake has a few toppings. Some toppings that I used were:
Do I need to soften the cream cheese?
One of the keys to a great cheesecake is to soften the cream cheese. You can do this quickly by placing your cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heating it for 15 seconds.
The cream cheese should be fully soft (this depends on how wide the bowl is and how much cream cheese you used). If not, then heat it again for another 15 seconds.
Want other sugar-free cheesecakes? Check out these:
Double Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Make the crust by mixing all of the crust ingredients in a food processor
- Press the crust firmly into a parchment lined baking pan. I used a 6x8 pan because that's what I have.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes
- Turn the oven to 300 degrees
- Add all of the ingredients for the cheesecake to a stand mixer and blend until smooth
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the crust
- Add water to the bottom of a baking sheet or another larger baking pan- this is the water bath for the cheesecake
- Add the layered cheesecake to the water bath pan
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is almost set
- Allow the cheesecakes and sauce to cool & chill for at least 4 hours. Top the cheesecakes with the salted caramel and chocolate drizzle.
Recipe Nutrition Facts