I found a replacement for sugar early into my keto & low carb journey, but brown sugar was one of those things that was more difficult to find. In baking and sauces like this Keto Brown Butter Salted Caramel, brown sugar adds a depth of flavor that just really cannot be substituted. I found out about Sukrin Gold, like most keto-friendly substitutes, on Instagram. Since getting my first bag of Sukrin Gold, I’ve used it in a ton of keto & low carb dessert recipes!
Is Sukrin Gold a good substitute for Brown Sugar?
Yes! Sukrin Gold tastes just like traditional brown sugar. The only difference is that it doesn’t have calories, is low carb and keto-friendly. This product does not impact my blood sugar. I substitute this product 1:1 in recipes that call for brown sugar.
- Heat a sauce-pan to medium-low heat
- Add the butter and brown it (~8 minutes for it to turn from golden to Amber)
- Add the brown sugar replacement, heavy cream, and pink sea salt to the browned butter and whisk to incorporate
- Cook the mixture until it coats the back of a metal spoon (~8 minutes). Whisk occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Store in a glass container.
Recipe Nutrition Facts