This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp is an easy weeknight main protein with just a few ingredients like my DIY Cajun seasoning & garlic butter. Whether you use frozen or fresh raw shrimp, it’s ready in 15 minutes. Have this with a vegetable like my air fryer green beans or air fryer asparagus. Or, make them ahead as part of meal prep – they taste great the next day on top of salads or as an appetizer with cocktail sauce.
Why Make This
- A quick & easy, one-pot protein: this Air Fryer Cajun shrimp recipe takes less than 15 minutes and only one pot to cook.
- Uses fresh or frozen shrimp: You can cook shrimp from frozen in the air fryer using this recipe.
- Shrimp: I’m using raw peeled and deveined shrimp. You can get it with the tail on or off. I’ve make this recipe with frozen shrimp most times, but you could also use fresh shrimp.
- Cajun Seasoning: I’m using a DIY spice mix that I use in this recipe as well as keto shrimp & grits, cajun wings, and air fryer cajun chicken thighs.
- Garlic Herb Butter: This is my 5-minute butter that includes garlic, parmesan and spices. While I use it on air fryer steak, it also works well on seafood and veggies.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp in an Air Fryer
- Add the shrimp, garlic butter, and Cajun seasoning to the bottom of the cooking pot
- Air fry the shrimp for 5 minutes
- Toss the shrimp in the butter and spices
- Air fry the shrimp for 5 additional minutes to cook them through
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Add the shrimp to the bottom of the cooking pot without the air fryer cooking basket: this allows the shrimp to cook in the Cajun seasoning and garlic butter.
- Use a cake pan insert if not using the Ninja Foodi: it’s important for the shrimp to cook in the butter and spices, so if you are not using the Foodi, simply cook your shrimp in a cake pan insert or silicone air fryer bowl.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, especially if you have a store-brought Cajun spice blend: this recipe was specifically tested with my homemade Cajun seasoning so the amounts are for that seasoning. If you’re using Cajun seasoning from the store, I find that these are saltier so 1 tsp per pound is a good starting point. Regardless of the blend, you can always add more when the shrimp is done. So, feel free to adjust the spices to taste.
How long does it take to air fry frozen shrimp?
You can add frozen shrimp directly into your air fryer. It takes about 10 minutes to cook it from frozen.
How long do you leave shrimp in the air fryer?
I keep my shrimp in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes, depending on whether the shrimp is frozen or thawed. I also adjust the time if I add vegetables. For example, frozen shrimp with vegetables tends to take about 15 minutes to air fry.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Pressure Cooker Cabbage
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Keto Grits
- Cauliflower Cheese Grits
Other Cajun Shrimp Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the frozen shrimp to the bottom of the cooking pot (no air fryer basket insert needed).
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning on top of the shrimp
- Add the solid garlic butter to the top of the shrimp
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5 minutes
- Use a mixing spoon to stir the shrimp, butter and spices
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5-6 more minutes to cook the shrimp
- Top with parsley, sprinkles of Cajun seasoning and/or lemon ledges
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!