This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce takes 5 minutes to make with simple ingredients. This silky sauce adds a fresh lemon and garlic flavor to main dishes like baked salmon, baked shrimp, roasted cauliflower soup, and even steak bites.
Why Make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Here are a few reasons why you should make this easy garlic butter sauce:
- Quick & easy recipe: this lemon butter sauce recipe takes about 5 minutes to make with basic ingredients like fresh garlic and lemon juice. That said, add this to your list of easy sauce recipes.
- Adds flavor during or after cooking: this lemon butter garlic sauce can be used to bake salmon and shrimp. But, the best part is you can also use it as a finishing sauce for dishes like pan seared scallops, boneless cajun chicken thighs, southern seafood boil, or air fryer steak. This homemade butter sauce is perfect for making a quick dinner that your taste buds will enjoy!
This easy lemon garlic butter sauce doesn’t require much. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Butter: I’m using unsalted butter as this allows me to adjust the salt to taste
- Garlic: I used fresh minced garlic, but you can also use the minced garlic that comes in a jar
- Lemons: I had fresh lemons on hand so I squeezed them for juice, but you can use bottled lemon juice too
- 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning: I used a salt-free mixed herb seasoning (which includes garlic powder, black pepper, and more) to save time. Besides the option linked, you can use Herbs de Provence.
- Parsley: I have made this with fresh parsley and dried parsley. That said, based on your personal preference, feel free to use dried or fresh herbs.
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- Red pepper flakes: this is optional, but gives the lemon-garlic butter sauce some heat.
Be sure to go to the recipe card at the end of the post for the full instructions and exact ingredient amounts.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic cloves and cook until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the remaining ingredients to the buttery sauce.
- Whisk or stir to incorporate the creamy sauce.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Cook the garlic in the butter to add garlic flavor: you can easily mix the ingredients for lemon garlic sauce in a bowl with softened butter. But, cooking the garlic in the butter adds a roasted garlic flavor, which is perfect, especially for garlic lovers.
- Use fresh when possible: adding fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice packs so much flavor. You should know though that the acidity of the lemon might make some of your garlic pieces turn blue (they’re ok, don’t be alarmed!)
- Optional: If you’re craving even more lemon flavor, add some lemon zest to have a more lemony sauce.
Storage & Leftovers
I make a batch of this creamy garlic lemon butter sauce and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You can add cold leftovers of this lemon garlic butter sauce recipe to other recipes like air fryer steak bites.
But, you can also reheat this delicious sauce as needed for 15-30 seconds in the microwave before adding it to things like my cauliflower soup without cream.
This Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce includes lemons, butter, spices, and garlic
A simple butter sauce does not need a thickener. If you are adding other liquids to the sauce like chicken broth, then you can use xanthan gum or any substitutes for xanthan gum.
Recipes to Enjoy This Great Sauce With
- Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Bites
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Foil Packets
- Baked Shrimp
- Baked Salmon
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add garlic cloves and cook until fragrant.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk to incorporate.
- Cook the garlic in the butter to add garlic flavor: you can easily mix the ingredients for lemon garlic sauce in a bowl with softened butter. But, cooking the garlic in the butter adds a roasted garlic flavor.
- Use fresh when possible: adding fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice packs a lot of flavor.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator: I make a batch of this and store it in the refrigerator. I add cold leftovers to recipes like air fryer steak bites. But, you can also reheat it as needed for 15-30 seconds in the microwave.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!