This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
If you love a good burrito bowl and want to make fajita veggies just like they do at Chiptole, then this recipe is for you. In this post, I share a simple recipe with just a few ingredients to make fajita vegetables at home. Plus, I share some recipes to make these easy veggies a meal.
Why make Fajita Veggies
If you’re like me, then you probably get your fajita vegetables as part of a burrito bowl. For me, these are essential and absolutely delicious.
I made this recipe because I wanted to make a keto carnitas burrito bowl using my slow cooker pork roast. I’m sharing it because it’s easy, great for meal prep and an easy way to save money by cooking at home.
Ingredients in Fajita Vegetables
This recipe is super simple and has about a handful of ingredients.
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Cilantro (optional)
Even though I opted not to use these vegetables, you might also add the following to your fajita veggies:
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Yellow Onions
- Jalapeno Peppers
How to make Fajita Vegetables like Chipotle, Qdoba & Moe’s:
I included a video in this post to make the recipe super easy to follow. You should definitely watch it so that you can see how easy this recipe is to complete.
You simply start by slicing your vegetables thinly. After prepping the vegetables, all you need to do is:
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with cooking fat. I used a half olive oil and half butter, but it doesn’t matter
- Add the vegetables and seasonings
- Saute the vegetables and seasonings until they are tender, yet crisp
Recipes to Eat Fajita Vegetables with
Since I using Taco Seasoning spice, I prefer to have these vegetables along with keto Mexican-style food. Some of my favorite options to enjoy these fajita vegetables with include:
Easy Slow Cooker Boneless Pork Roast
Easy Keto Carnitas Burrito Bowl
Most of these recipes have just a few ingredients as well. Plus, you can add them to food storage bowls to have variety throughout the week (if you meal prep).
You can absolutely cook and make these vegetables using items in your kitchen. But, two of my personal favorites for cooking this and my other keto recipes are:
- Skillet: these are non-stick and hold heat evenly. Plus, they use waterless technology. You can read more here about 360 Cookware, one of my favorite stainless steel cookware brands
- Tongs: I prefer to use tongs with the silicone tips so as not to scratch my pans
Easy Fajita Vegetables
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil or another cooking fat
- Add the vegetables and spices and saute until they are tender
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!