Taco Supreme was one of my favorite options at Taco Bell. There was something about the toppings that were just refreshing & delicious! This Keto Taco Supreme Salad recipe provides a clean, low carb version that can be easily made at home!
What’s in Keto Taco Salad Supreme?
This salad features leafy green, romaine lettuce, taco meat with a homemade taco seasoning, freshly shaved sharp cheddar, sour cream, and salsa.
Most times I make this salad, I use a store-bought, hot-chunky salsa, but I’ll include a recipe for Pico De Gallo for those wanting to keep it super clean!
What’s clean taco seasoning?
Clean Eating is a way of eating in which people don’t eat processed foods. It’s slightly different from keto because there’s no focus on carbs, fats or proteins. The goal is simple: just eat real food.
While I enjoy some processed things, I prefer to have clean spice mixes. When it comes to taco seasoning this is important because the ones at the store often include cornstarch or other random things that my stomach doesn’t like.
I seasoned the taco meat in this Keto Taco Salad Supreme with my clean, taco seasoning recipe that includes: 2.5 tbsp chili powder; 2 tsp of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt; 1 tsp Italian seasoning and paprika; and 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (optional). I store this in a glass jar and use it as I need it.
Love Mexican Style Food? Check out these:
- 1 lb Ground Beef I used 85/15
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning see blog post note
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pico de Gallo
- 2 off the vine tomatoes diced
- 1/2 small white onion thinly diced
- 1 jalapeño thinly diced (we like our food spicy so I didn’t remove the seeds or veins)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Other Toppings & Salad
- Sour Cream
- 10 oz romaine lettuce I used the bagged kind that's triple washed
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar shaved
- Add all of the ingredients for the Pico De Gallo to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Add all of the ingredients for the Guacamole to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat
- Add the sliced onions and saute until translucent (~3 minutes)
- Add the ground meat to the pan and cook until brown
- Add the taco seasoning and mix to combine. Taste the meat. Decide if you'd like more salt (1/4 tsp should be enough).
- Add the lettuce, taco meat, sharp cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.