This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
If you need a quick main dish or a meal starter for a busy weeknight, these air fryer chicken sausages won’t disappoint. Just like my sausage patties, these will be ready in under 15 minutes. Use this post to learn how to cook Aidells chicken sausage in the air fryer. Plus, get tips for side dishes to serve them with to make a healthy lunch or easy dinner.
Why Make These?
- Easy and Quick: Cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer is a great way to save time and energy on a busy weeknight. You only spray the sausages with oil and let the air fryer do its magic.
- Juicy sausages in the air fryer: similar to these sausage links, Italian sausages (pork sausages), and Kielbasa (beef or turkey sausage), follow this tutorial to make juicy aidells chicken sausage in your air fryer
- Easy Dinner Idea: Serve this chicken sausage air fryer recipe with a low-carb or keto side dish like air fryer green beans to make a quick, tasty low-carb meal.
- Chicken sausage: I used Aidells artichoke and garlic chicken sausage, but any other flavor works. You can also use your favorite brand of chicken sausages like Trader joe’s (chicken andouille), Applegate, Bilinski’s, Premio, and Boar’s Head.
- Cooking Spray: I use olive oil or avocado oil to help with browning
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
Follow these simple steps to air-fry chicken sausage the easy way:
- Place chicken sausages to your air fryer basket in a single layer so that the hot air can circulate.
- Spray them with oil (to help with browning).
- Air fry the chicken sausages at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Flip the sausages and spray the tops with oil again. Continue cooking at 400 degrees for additional 5-6 minutes.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Cook time varies based on the type of sausage, thickness, as well as whether it’s fresh or frozen.
- Use refrigerated sausages for best results: this recipe was not tested with frozen sausage or raw chicken sausage. So, keep that in mind when choosing which sausage to use.
- Adjust the cooking time for browning: I prefer making crispy air fryer chicken sausage. This way, my sausage is a little charred. If you don’t want to char your sausage skin or are using the kind of sausage that does not have a casing, check for doneness after 8-10 minutes.
- The sausage is cooked when a meat thermometer says that the internal temperature of the chicken sausages are 165 degrees. This is especially helpful when making thicker sausages or raw sausages that contain ground chicken meat.
- Use the air fryer grill with the same instructions for a more grilled take.
- Add aluminum foil to the bottom of the air fryer basket since that is the best way to enjoy tasty sausages without having to clean up the mess usually left behind in a frying pan.
You can store leftover chicken sausages in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer takes 10-15 minutes depending on how brown or crispy you like them.
I cook my air fryer chicken sausages for about 12 minutes.
Air fry chicken sausages until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Yes. It’s safe to put a foil in the air fryer, plus it helps manage the mess.
Side Dishes for Air Fried Chicken Sausages
- Air fryer green beans: use a few simple ingredients to make tasty green beans in the air fryer, then serve them alongside your chicken sausages.
- Cauliflower rice pilaf: this one-pot dish uses 5 ingredients and has only 5g net carbs per serving. You can cut the sausages into small pieces and mix them with the rice, or serve the pilaf rice as a side dish.
- Pressure cooker cabbage or any of these air fryer vegetables: add pieces of air fried chicken sausages to pressure cooker cabbage and enjoy. You can also serve them alongside air fryer brussels sprouts, asparagus, and other low-carb veggies.
- Roasted cauliflower soup
- Creamy keto tomato soup
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 12 oz Chicken Sausage, I used Aidells garlic and artichoke chicken sausage, but any other flavor works, this was 4 links
- Avocado Oil Spray, olive oil spray or avocado oil spray
- Add the chicken sausage to your air fryer basket.
- Spray them with oil.
- Air fry the chicken sausage and 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken sausage and spray the tops with oil again. Continue cooking at 400 degrees for 5-6 additional minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!
Leave a Reply